10 % off New Hardback
Pediatric Allergy: Principles and Practice , 4th Edition
With complete, concise coverage of prevention, indications, diagnosis, and treatment, Pediatric Allergy, 4th Edition, is your go-to resource for current, clinically-focused content in the rapidly changing field of allergies and immune-mediated diseases in children. This highly regarded reference fully covers immunology and origins of allergy, growth and development, pregnancy, infancy, and early, middle, and late childhood-all with a new, practical, clinical focus. You'll find authoritative coverage of the full range of allergies in pediatric patients, from asthma and other common conditions to rare or uncommon allergies, providing a one-stop resource for clinicians across specialties who care for children.
- Focuses on the clinical application of science to the bedside, including clinical pearls discussing best practice approaches and guidelines.
- Integrates the latest research on the origins of allergy in early life, including pregnancy, the neonate, and infants.
- Includes new, evidence-based management guidelines for various diseases, including food allergy, atopic dermatitis, asthma and immunodeficiency.
- Provides new content on the prevention of allergies; asthma, eczema, and food allergies in young children; and extensive current guidelines and new therapies.
- Offers up-to-date information on key areas such as food challenges, skin testing, IgE diagnostic labs, immunotherapy, clinical immunology diagnostic testing, molecular diagnostics, and lung function testing.
- Highlights current guidance from a new team of leading experts with 150 anatomic schematics, clinical photos, and algorithms-many new to this edition.
- Covers gene therapy, stem-cell therapy, and a host of immunodeficiency diseases found in children with allergies.
- Discusses targeted biologics for severe allergic diseases, defects of innate immunity, rheumatic diseases of childhood, and inflammatory disorders.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Informaiton||Edited by Donald Y. M. Leung, MD, PhD, Head, Division of Pediatric Allergy/Immunology, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver CO, USA Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver CO, USA; Cezmi A Akdis, Professor of Immunology, Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research, Davos, Switzerland; Leonard B. Bacharier, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Clinical Director, Division of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonary Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis, Children's Hospital, St Louis MO, USA; Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles, MD, PhD, Professor of Clinical Immunology and Pediatrics Icahn School of Medicine Mt Sinai Hospital New York, New York ; Scott H Sicherer, MD, Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Chief, Pediatrics Allergy and Immunology, Medical Director, General Clinical Research Center, Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York NY, USA and Hugh A. Sampson, MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA|
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Write Your Own Review