Prehospital Emergency Medicine Secrets, Elsevier E-Book on VitalSource
- The proven Secrets Series® format gives you the most return for your time - succinct, easy to read, engaging, and highly effective.
- Covers the full range of essential topics including disaster and multiple casualty incidents, psychiatric emergencies, and prehospital skills and procedures for in-training or practicing professionals.
- Fully revised and updated, including protocols and guidelines that are continuously evolving and that increasingly dictate best practices.
- Includes chapters on public health and EMS, infectious disease emergencies/sepsis, telemedicine and emerging telecommunications, transport of the highly infectious patient, mass casualty evacuation and patient movement, biological and chemical terrorism, community disaster preparedness, and airway management, oxygenation, and ventilation.
- Top 100 Secrets and Key Points boxes provide a fast overview of the secrets you must know for success in practice and on exams.
- Bulleted lists, mnemonics, practical tips from global leaders in the field - all providing a concise overview of important board-relevant content.
- Portable size makes it easy to carry with you for quick reference or review anywhere, anytime.
|Author Information||Edited by Robert P. Olympia, MD, FAAP, Professor, Departments of Emergency Medicine & Pediatrics, Penn State College of Medicine, Assistant Director of Research, Department of Emergency Medicine, Attending Physician, Department of Emergency Medicine, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center/ Penn State Children's Hospital Department of Emergency Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania and Jeffrey S. Lubin, MD,MPH, Professor and Vice Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine, Professor, Department of Public Health Sciences, Department of Emergency Medicine, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, Pennsylvania|
|Table of Content||
[draft of TOC - upon approval, I would seek additional reviews by experts on contents before finalizing, including Dr. Peter Cameron]
Top 100 Secrets
Section 1 History of Emergency Medical Services
Section 2 Emergency Medical Services Operations
Section 3 Personal Safety and Wellness
Section 4 Adult Medical Care
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|