Promoting Continence , 3rd Edition
· incorporates the most recent NHS guidelines on continence management and current legislation
· includes international perspectives
· provides a resource for practitioners caring for all client groups in the community and hospital environments.
The 3rd edition of this popular text covers all aspects of continence, focusing on continence promotion and measurement of outcomes. The core chapters follow a standard structure for ease of use, and case studies are used throughout to link theory to practice.
- contains the latest developments in continence treatment
- incorporates the most recent NHS guidelines on continence management and current legislation
- includes international perspectives
- provides a resource for practitioners caring for all client groups in the community and hospital environments
|Author Information||By Kathryn Getliffe, BSc(Hons), MSc, PhD, RGN, DN, PGCEA, Professor of Nursing, School of Nursing & Midwifery, and Associate Dean Graduate School, Faculty of Medicine, Health and Life Sciences, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK; and Mary Dolman, BSc(Nurs), RGN, ET, NB978, ResCert, CounsCert, Independent Nurse Specialist, Continence and Stoma Care, Bath, UK|
"The format is logical and easy to read, with excellent use of illustrations and case studies linking theory to practice. This is a much needed resource.
"The structure is well designed giving theoretical underpinning knowledge, treatment options, case studies and suggestions for the need for further research...The editors have drawn together a very experienced and knowledgable team of clinicians and policy writers which has resulted in the production of an invaluable resource for all clinicians working with people who have bladder and bowel problems." Journal of Community Nursing, July 2009
|Trim||246 X 189 (7 11/16 x 9 7/16)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|