Respiratory Physiology , 2nd Edition
Gain a foundational understanding of respiratory physiology and how the respiratory system functions in health and disease. Respiratory Physiology, a volume in the Mosby Physiology Series, explains the fundamentals of this complex subject in a clear and concise manner, while helping you bridge the gap between normal function and disease with pathophysiology content throughout the book.
- Helps you easily master the material in a systems-based curriculum with learning objectives, Clinical Concept boxes, highlighted key words and concepts, chapter summaries, self-study questions, and a comprehensive exam.
- Keeps you current with recent advances in respiratory physiology, and includes a new chapter on new and emerging aspects of the lung.
- Includes nearly 150 clear, 2-color diagrams that simplify complex concepts.
- Features clinical commentaries that show you how to apply what you've learned to real-life clinical situations.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Complete the Mosby Physiology Series! Systems-based and portable, these titles are ideal for integrated programs.
- Blaustein, Kao, & Matteson: Cellular Physiology and Neurophysiology
- Johnson: Gastrointestinal Physiology
- Koeppen & Stanton: Renal Physiology
- Pappano & Weir: Cardiovascular Physiology
- White, Harrison, & Mehlmann: Endocrine and Reproductive Physiology
- Hudnall: Hematology: A Pathophysiologic Approach
|Author Information||By Michelle M. Cloutier, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Farmington, CT|
|Table of Content||
Chapter 1 Overview of the respiratory system: Function and Structure
Chapter 2 Mechanical Properties of the Lung and Chest Wall
Chapter 3 Dynamic Lung Mechanics
Chapter 4 Tests of Lung Function
Chapter 5 Alveolar Ventilation
Chapter 6 The Pulmonary Circulation
Chapter 7 Ventilation (V̇), Perfusion (Q̇) & Relationships
Chapter 8 Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Transport
Chapter 9 Pulmonary aspects of acid-base balance and arterial blood gas interpretation
Chapter 10 Control of Respiration
Chapter 11 Non-respiratory functions of the lung
Chapter 12 The lung under special circumstances
APPENDIX A ANSWERS TO SELF-STUDY PROBLEMS
APPENDIX B MULTIPLE-CHOICE EXAMINATION
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|