Scheuer's Liver Biopsy Interpretation, 10th Edition
Trusted for more than 50 years by pathologists in practice and in training, Scheuer's Liver Biopsy Interpretation is a well-organized, superbly illustrated guide designed to help solve diagnostic problems at the microscope. Authored by renowned expert Dr. Jay Lefkowitch and reflecting the extensive experience of the late Dr. Peter Scheuer, this practical text contains technical tips, diagnostic clues, and pearls on all aspects of liver pathology diagnosis, including acute and chronic hepatitis, biliary tract diseases, childhood disorders, and hepatic neoplasms - as well as ancillary topics such as biopsy assessment, laboratory techniques, normal liver histology, and transplantation. Throughout the text, histopathologic features are correlated with clinical features, molecular genetics, and immunohistochemistry to provide a practical account of how pathology impacts the diagnosis and management of liver disease.
- Covers key topics such as genomic alterations in liver tumours, diagnosis of acute liver allograft rejection, scoring systems for non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, and discussions of immunohistochemical features wherever relevant.
- Presents the latest information on next generation sequencing and drug-induced liver injury, including adverse reactions to new biologics and alternative medicines to help both the clinician and pathologist avoid diagnostic errors.
- Features many new illustrations, including over 300 large, full-color and fully annotated photomicrographs that illustrate a wide range of pathologic appearances and help identify each diagnostic entity under discussion.
- Offers coverage of cytopathology in the assessment of liver tumors to provide further clinical clues to diagnosis.
- Provides basic overview of major histopathologic diagnostic problems in paediatric liver biopsy, including biliary atresia and several types of progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis
- Provides new and updated algorithms, tables and images highlighting key features of each diagnostic entity - ideal as a concise review during sign out or for studying and board preparation.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Jay H. Lefkowitch, MD, Professor of Clinical Pathology and Cell Biology, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University, New York|
"It will indeed be useful to all those who 'interpret liver biopsies', whether trainees or specialists. Uniquely for a histopathology textbook, those clinicians who care for patients with liver disease will also find it to be an accessible and user-friendly resource to be consulted as required. I will certainly be recommending this book as a 'must-buy' for our trainee library." -Dr Kathryn Griffin (Bulletin of the Royal College of Pathologists, January 2021)
"This practical guide is an excellent resource to practicing pathologists who interpret liver biopsies. The outstanding book organization allows readers to reference a particular section of the book to supplement their biopsy interpretation in real-time. Overall, this book is a great addition to the personal libraries of pathologists who interpret liver biopsies."
-Julianne M Szczepanski, MD (University of Michigan Medical School) Doody's Review Score: 97-5 Stars!
|Table of Content||
|Trim||246 x 189|
|Stock Status||In Stock|