Skills Practice Manual for LaFleur Brooks' Health Unit Coordinating, 7th Edition
- Activities correspond to chapters in the main text to make using the practice manual with the text easy.
- "Practice Activity Software for Transcription of Physicians' Orders" on the companion CD-ROM allows you to complete activities on the computer for realistic practice.
- Practice entering orders, printing a nursing unit census, admitting/transferring/discharging a patient, verifying or canceling tests, locating or creating a patient profile, and more with the realistic hospital computer system on the "Practice Activity Software for Transcription of Physicians' Orders CD-ROM."
- Complete all the same activities from the CD-ROM anywhere, without a computer, with the "Ordering Requisitions" appendix.
- Learn to decipher handwriting with realistic, handwritten doctors' orders.
- "A Clinical Evaluation Record" provides a written record of your performance in the clinical setting to keep track of your success or areas where improvement is needed.
Master skills in a simulated hospital electronic medical record before working in actual hospital practice! Nearly 100 exercises and activities in this practice manual correspond to LaFleur Brooks' Health Unit Coordinating, 7th Edition and provide hands-on experience by specifying necessary skills, as well as the materials and steps you need to practice them. Plus, the online electronic health record that comes with this manual gives you realistic practice working on hospital computer system to help you hone skills you'll use in the field!
- Standard organization for each activity provides a record of the tasks to be completed, such as: materials needed, situation, directions, and check lists.
- Relevant practice orders include additional scenarios to give you more practice with relevant skills.
- Printable physicians orders allow simulation for both the EHR and paper environment.
- Ordering requisitions appendix can be used for activities requiring the online EHR when a computer is not available.
- Handwritten doctors' orders give you practice deciphering poor handwriting samples
- Clinical Evaluation Record provides a written record of your performance in the clinical setting.
|Author Information||By Elaine A. Gillingham, AAS, BA, CHUC, Program Director (Retired), Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ and Monica Wadsworth Seibel, BS, MEd, CHUC, Program Director, Health Unit Coordinator Program, GateWay Community College, Phoenix, AZ|
|Table of Content||Section 1: Orientation to Hospitals, Medical Centers, and Health Care
1. Health Unit Coordinating
2. Overview of Health Care Today
3. The Nursing Department and Medical Staff
4. Communication Devices and Their Uses
Section 2: Personal and Professional Skills
5. Communication and Interpersonal Skills
6. Workplace Behavior
7. Management Techniques and Problem-Solving Skills for Health Unit Coordinating
Section 3: The Patient's Electronic Record or Paper Chart
8. The Patient's Electronic Medical Record or Chart
9. HUC Role in Processing of Electronic, Pre-Printed, and Handwritten Doctors' Orders
10. Patient Activity, Patient Positioning, and Nursing Observation Orders
11. Nursing Intervention or Treatment Orders
12. Nutritional Care Orders
13. Medication Orders
14. Laboratory Orders
15. Diagnostic Imaging Orders
16. Other Diagnostic Studies
17. Treatment Orders
18. Miscellaneous Orders
Section 4: Health Unit Coordinator Procedures
19. Admission, Preoperative, and Postoperative Procedures
20. Discharge, Transfer, and Postmortem Procedures
21. Reports, Infection Control, Emergencies, and Special Services
Section 5: Introduction to Anatomical Structures, Medical Terms, and Illnesses
22. Medical Terminology, Basic Human Structure, Diseases, and Disorders
Appendix A: Physicians' Order Sheets
Appendix B: Generic Hospital Forms and Examples of Computer Screens that May Be Used as Ordering Requisitions When Computers are Not Available
Appendix C: The Clinical Evaluation Record
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|