Stevens & Lowe's Human Histology - E-Book , 5th Edition
Easy to read, well organized, and focused on high-yield content, Human Histology, 5th Edition, features concise, up-to-date coverage of the core knowledge in this complex field. Ideal for students in all areas of health care, this revised edition is aligned with recent developments in integrated and problem-based learning, providing rapid access to relevant, practical knowledge in histology. It provides students with opportunities to make important connections between histological knowledge, cell biology, anatomy, clinical understanding, and assessment.
- Features an easy-to-navigate, full-colour layout that includes summary headings, readable text, quick-reference tables, and key facts - all highlighted by nearly 900 clear illustrations, photos, and graphics throughout.
- Covers the latest concepts and advances in histology including developments in the primary cilium, the nuclear pore, extracellular matrix components, dendritic spines, subsets of astrocytes, haematopoiesis, classification of cells in the immune system, macrophage subsets, and much more.
- Includes NEW self-assessment questions.
- Provides just the right amount of detail for maximum readability and retention.
- Highlights key laboratory, clinical, and high-level scientific material in boxes.
- Presents advanced concepts such as the molecular and functional relevance of histological features.
- Provides review material in the book and online, self-assessment questions plus 180 additional review questions online.
- Evolve Instructor Resources , including a downloadable image and test bank, are available to instructors through their Elsevier sales rep or via request at: https://evolve.elsevier.com
|Author Informaiton||By James S. Lowe, BMedSci, BMBS, DM, FRCPath, Professor of Neuropathology, University of Nottingham Medical School, Nottingham, UK; Peter G. Anderson, DVM, PhD, Professor of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, Director of Pathology Undergraduate Education, Department of Pathology, The University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA and Susan I. Anderson, BSc, M Med Sc, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Deputy Head and Director of Teaching and Learning, Division of Medical Sciences & Graduate Entry Medicine, School of Medicine Faculty of Medicine & Health Sciences, University of Nottingham Royal Derby Hospital Centre, Nottingham, UK|
|Pp Authortext||Lowe, Anderson & Anderson|
|Table of Content||
Stevens & Lowe's Human Histology, 5e
2. The Cell
3. Epithelial Cells
4. Support Cells and the Extracellular Matrix
5. Contractile Cells
6. Nervous Tissue
7. Blood Cells
8. Immune System
9. Blood and Lymphatic Circulatory Systems and Heart
10. Respiratory System
11. Alimentary Tract
13. Musculoskeletal System
14. Endocrine System
15. Urinary System
16. Male Reproductive System
17. Female Reproductive System
18. Skin and Breast
19. Special Senses
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.