Surgical Decision Making , 6th Edition
Using a proven, practical, algorithmic approach, Surgical Decision Making summarizes evidence-based guidelines and practice protocols in an easy-to-follow format. Designed to sharpen the decision-making skills of both trainees and practicing surgeons, the 6th Edition directs your focus to the critical decision points in a wide range of clinical scenarios, helping you determine optimal evaluation and management to secure the best possible patient outcomes. Algorithms are accompanied by annotations that explain all critical factors affecting decisions in a concise, readable manner.
- Reflects the scope of practice of today's general surgeon, with fresh, expert perspectives from new editor Dr. Richard Schulick and numerous new contributors.
- Contains 58 new chapters and thoroughly revised content throughout.
- Includes new coverage of Preoperative Evaluation of the Geriatric Patient, Pancreatic Cystic Neoplasm, Familial Breast Cancer, Resuscitative Endovascular Balloon Occlusion of the Aorta, Blunt Cerebrovascular Injury, and much more.
- Uses an easy-to-follow, consistent format, with an algorithm on one page and short descriptions explaining the various steps in the decision-making process on the opposite page.
- Includes explanatory notes that summarize presenting signs and symptoms, laboratory investigation, diagnostic modalities, surgical therapies, and adjuvant therapies for each condition.
- Encompasses both general surgery and surgical subspecialties―helping you directly manage a broad range of problems.
- Emphasizes information that frequently appears on board exams.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Informaiton||By Robert C. McIntyre, MD, FACS, Professor and Chief, Division of GI, Trauma, and Endocrine Surgery; Vice Chair of Finance, Department of Surgery, University of Colorado School of Medicine Aurora, Colorado, USA and Richard D. Schulick, MD, Professor & Chair of the University of Colorado Department of Surgery; Director of the University of Colorado Cancer Center; The Aragón/Gonzalez-Gíustí Chair, University of Colorado School of Medicine, Aurora, Colorado, USA|
|Pp Authortext||McIntyre & Schulick|
"This is an extremely high-quality book that amply lives up to the promise of the first edition."
-Carol Scott-Conner, MD, PhD, MBA (University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics) for Doody's Review Service
|Table of Content||
Part I - PERIOPERATIVE CARE
Part II - CRITICAL CARE
Part III - HEAD & NECK
Part IV - THORACIC
Part V - ALIMENTARY TRACT
Part VI - ONCOLOGY
Part VII - ENDOCRINE 1
Part VIII - TRAUMA
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|