Survey Methods for Medical and Health Professions Education
Offering a practical, six-step approach to effective survey design, delivery, and analysis, Survey Methods for Medical and Health Professions Education provides a real-world framework for successful research and evaluation using surveys. Focused on medical and other health professional education research, this unique text features quick-reference checklists, high-yield explanations, and case examples throughout, making it both a foundational reference and a go-to resource for all health professions educators and researchers who use surveys.
- Provides a detailed and practical discussion of the steps in survey methodology, along with just enough theory to inform common decisions.
- Includes numerous real-world examples, both simple and complex, covering the wide range of problems researchers are likely to face.
- Addresses issues of survey fatigue and addresses the challenge of how to get "good data."
- Features "Voice of Experience" boxes-pearls based on authors' actual experiences.
- Concludes each chapter with a checklist so readers can quickly ensure they have covered every necessary step of survey design and implementation.
- Contains a convenient glossary of terms.
- Offers guidance from expert international contributors in medical and health professions research.
- Summarizes the most current standards and understanding of survey research so that experienced and novice researchers alike can directly apply content to improve research rigor.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Andrew W. Phillips, MD, MEd; Steven James Durning, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine and Pathology, Uniformed Services University of the Heatlh Sciences, Bethesda, MD and Anthony R. Artino, Jr., PhD, Professor of Health and Human Function, The George Washington School of Medicine and Health Sciences, Washington, District of Columbia|
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|