Survival Guide for Anatomy & Physiology , 2nd Edition
- Offers instruction for students on how to read their A&P textbook so that they can gain far greater comprehension.
- Provides ways to formulate analogies and mnemonic devices to help students remember A&P concepts.
- Helps students determine their learning style so that they can study more effectively.
- Suggests specific test-taking strategies to help students prepare for and pass their exams.
- Features special sections on challenges facing returning learners, learners with disabilities, and students entering the laboratory setting for the first time.
- The Quick Reference section breaks down the subject of A&P into six major sections so that students can quickly find the information they need.
- Offers dozens of easy-to-read tables packed with all of the essential data that students need to remember in A&P such as: Bones of the Skeleton, Muscles of the Body, Structure and Function of the Nerves, and many more.
- Includes mini CD-ROM containing The Body Spectrum, an electronic anatomy coloring book featuring 80 detailed anatomy illustrations that the student can color online or print out to color and study offline.
Don't be overwhelmed by the perils and pitfalls of learning A&P! Survival Guide for Anatomy & Physiology, 2nd Edition provides a quick and easy overview of tips, strategies, and key A&P content to make studying more productive, more fun, and less time-consuming. A perfect on-the-go reference, this handy guide is packed with colorful cartoons, A&P visuals, illustrated tables, and keen insights to help you prepare for even the most dangerous labs and exams. Joining this excellent adventure are two new survival skills chapters plus strategies for using digital resources effectively. Written by renowned author and educator Kevin Patton, this book makes it easier to survive and conquer A&P!
- Plan a Learning Strategy section helps you study more effectively by showing how to tailor your learning activities to suit your learning style.
- Part 2: Maps, Charts, and Shortcuts breaks the subject of A&P into six sections, so you can quickly find the information you need in an easy-to-read and understand format.
- Mnemonic devices and memorable analogies help you remember A&P concepts with ease.
- Specific test-taking strategies help you prepare for and pass exams.
- Instructions on how to read your A&P textbook lead to greater comprehension.
- Dozens of tables make it easy to access the A&P facts you need to remember on the skeletal system, muscles, nerves, circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems, and more.
|Author Informaiton||By Kevin T. Patton, PhD, Professor of Anatomy & Physiology Instruction, New York Chiropractic College, Seneca Falls, New York; Professor Emeritus of Life Sciences, St. Charles Community College, Cottleville, Missouri; Assistant Professor Emeritus of Physiology, Course Director Emeritus in Human Physiology, St. Louis University Medical School, St. Louis, Missouri, USA|
|Table of Content||PART 1: Introduction to the Survival Skills
Survival Skill 1: Have a Winning Attitude
Survival Skill 2: Know Your Learning Style
Survival Skill 3: Know the Language
Survival Skill 4: Plan a Learning Strategy
Survival Skill 5: Arrange a Suitable Study Area
Survival Skill 6: Plan a Reading Strategy
Survival Skill 7: Analyze Your Note-Taking Skills
Survival Skill 8: Study Actively
Survival Skill 9: Use All Your Resources
Survival Skill 10: Prepare for Tests
Survival Skill 11: Use Test-Taking Strategies During and After a Test
Survival Skill 12: What To Do If You Get Lost
Special Survival Skills
- Learners with Special Needs
- Time Management Tools
- Returning Learners
- Using Flash Cards Effectively
- Using Your Digital Device to Study A&P
- Test Anxiety
- Climbing the Learning Pyramid
- English as a Second Language
- The Student Laboratory
PART 2: Maps, Charts, & Shortcuts, Special Survival Skills: Using Models and Analogies
1. The Body as a Whole
2. Support and Movement
3. Communication, Control, and Integration
4. Transportation and Defense
5. Respiration, Nutrition, and Excretion
6. Reproduction and Development
Common Word Parts
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|