The Assessment and Treatment of Addiction
Get a quick, expert overview of all types of addiction - from substance use disorders to behavioral addictions and more. This practical resource presents a focused summary of today's current knowledge on topics of interest to all health care professionals who work with those who suffer from this wide-ranging problem. It provides current, relevant information on emerging findings, best practices, and treatment challenges, covering a variety of assessment and treatment strategies and making it a one-stop resource for staying up to date in this critical area.
- Discusses precision health in addiction; the latest trend of electronic cigarettes; state-of-the-art treatments for opioid use disorder and cannabis use disorder; best practices for chronic pain; prevention among adolescents; the role of physicians in the prescription drug epidemic; and the role of integrative interventions in addiction treatment.
- Includes coverage of behavioral addictions such as internet, sex, and gambling; food addiction; PTSD and substance use disorders; preventing relapse; the neurobiology of addiction; and more.
- Consolidates today's available information on this timely topic into one convenient resource.
|Author Information||By Itai Danovitch, MD, Chairman, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences; Associate Professor, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, CA, USA and Larissa Mooney, MD, Associate Clinical Professor, UCLA Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences; Director, UCLA Addiction Medicine Clinic; Chief, Greater Los Angeles VA Substance Use Disorders Section, UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs, Los Angeles, California|
|Table of Content||
Danovitch, The Assessment and Treatment of Addiction: Best Practices and New Frontiers
1. Neurobiology of Addiction: How Science Informs Practice
2. Precision Health in Addiction: Applying Pharmacogenomics to Clinical Practice
3. The Role of Nutrition in Addiction Recovery: What We Know and What We Don't
4. Electronic Cigarettes - Risks and Trends
5. Psychoneuroendocrinology and Addiction
6. Technological Innovations in Addiction Treatment
7. State of the Art Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder
8. State of the Art Treatment of Cannabis Use Disorder
9. State of the Art Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorders
10. Applying Best Practice Guidelines on Chronic Pain in Clinical Practice-Treating Patients Who Suffer from Pain and Addiction
11. Psychotherapy after Residential Treatment of Addictive Disorders-Preventing Relapse and Deepening Recovery
12. Challenges in the Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders Among Adolescents
13. The Prescription Drug Epidemic and the Role of Physicians
14. Trauma and Addiction-How to Treat Co-Occurring PTSD and Substance Use Disorders
15. When Food is an Addiction
16. Behavioral Addictions
17. Quality in Addiction Treatment: Measuring What Matters
18. The Role of Integrative Interventions in the Treatment of Substance Use Disorders