25 % off New Paperback
The Hospital for Sick Children Handbook of Pediatrics, 12th Edition
Practical and pocket sized, The Hospital for Sick Children Handbook of Pediatrics has been a trusted clinical reference for more than 50 years. The fully revised 12th Edition continues this tradition of excellence with succinct, easily accessible, and evidence-based answers for the diagnosis and management of pediatric patients. Get the reliable information you need from staff pediatricians, specialists, residents, and fellows at one of the top pediatric hospitals in the world.
- Provides the most up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to pediatric clinical problems using evidence-based guidelines.
- Contains new chapters on mental health and technology and medical complexity.
- Offers quick access to comprehensive information on urgent situations in a six-chapter Acute Care section devoted to pediatric emergencies.
- Includes abundant algorithms for bedside diagnoses and management of various scenarios.
- Offers fast access to key information such as normal reference values for various ages and sizes of pediatric patients, common equations and normal vital signs, and resuscitation drugs.
- Widely used by medical students, residents, practicing pediatricians, family physicians, emergency physicians, nurses, and other interdisciplinary practitioners.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||Edited by HSC; Shawna Silver, MD; Deborah Schonfeld, MD; Siobhán Neville, MD and Catherine Diskin, MD|
|Table of Content||1 Resuscitation
2 Emergency Medicine
3 Poisonings and Toxicology
4 Pain, Sedation, and Anethesia
6 Adolescent Medicine
9 Child Maltreatment
13 Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
15 Fluids, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base
16 Gastroenterology and Hepatology
17 General Surgery
19 Growth and Nutrition
24 Infectious Diseases
25 Mental Health
26 Metabolic Disease
28 Nephrology and Urology
29 Neurology and Neurosurgery
34 Plastic Surgery
37 Technology and Medical Complexity
39 Laboratory Reference Values
40 Pediatric Drug Dosing Guidelines
|Trim||187 x 111 (4 3/8 x 7 3/8)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|
Write Your Own Review