Linking theory to practice through the use of authentic clinical cases, Dr. Steven D. Waldman's Pain Medicine: A Case-Based Learning Series helps readers acquire the valuable skill of effective diagnostic thinking in daily practice. The Knee volume uses an in-depth case format, preparing you to correctly analyze clinical vignettes and formulate a clinically sound, evidence-based approach to realistic patient scenarios. This highly effective leaning and assessment tool provides practical clinical insights into the best methods for diagnosis and treatment for the successful management of patients with knee-related pain.
- Presents real-world patients in a real-world clinical setting, making learning fun and engaging.
- The Case-Based Learning approach focuses learners and clinicians on the key elements for each diagnosis and helps develop a deep understanding of how to diagnose and treat each condition.
- Covers everyday clinical problems such as Osteoarthritis and Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Knee; Medical and Lateral Meniscal Tear, Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear, Jumper's and Runner's Knee, Bursitis, Osgood Schlatter Disease, Hamstring Tendinitis, and more.
- Cases unfold just the way they do in your clinic. Each case is accompanied with thoughtful clinical commentary and key messages from the author.
- Each chapter uses high-quality radiographic images, clinical photos, and full-color drawings to facilitate a clear, easy-to-understand approach to evaluation and diagnosis.
- An ideal self-assessment and review tool for pain medicine practitioners and trainees, as well as those preparing for the American Board of Anesthesiology Pain Medicine certification and recertification exam.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||Edited by Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD, Clinical Professor of Anesthesiology, Professor of Medical Humanities and Bioethics, University of Missouri-Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.A.|
|Table of Content|| Transmittal Materials
1 Rose Williams: A 72-year-old Female with Right Knee Pain
2 Brendan Beckham: A 32-year-old Male with Acute Left Medial Knee Pain Following a Soccer Injury
3 Tony Garcia: A 24-year-old Male Football Player with Severe Posterior Knee Pain
4 Miller Maier: A 24-year-old Male with a Painful Unsteady Right Knee Following a Skiing Accident
5 Lincoln Mayhew: A 25-year-old Male with Right Anteroinferior Knee Pain and Swelling
6 Mike Montgomery: A 26-year-old Male Long-Distance Runner With Right Lateral Knee Pain
7 Andrew Kelsey: A 27-year-old Carpet Layer with Severe Left Knee Pain and Swelling
8 Betsy Roos: A 27-year-old Homemaker with Severe Left Knee Pain and Swelling
9 Arif Abad: A 29-year-old Electrical Engineer with Severe Left Knee and Upper Leg Pain and Swelling
10 Kitty Lee: A 24-year-old Optician with Severe Left Anteriomedial Knee Pain
11 Saoirse O'Sullivan: A 14-year-old Competitive Irish Dancer with Severe Left Anterior Knee Pain
12 Will Graham: A 24-year-old Youth Pastor with Posterior Left Knee Swelling and Pain
13 David Pulton: A 26-year-old Registered Nurse with Posteriolateral Knee Pain
14 Anali Rojas: A 28-year-old Yoga Instructor with Pain, Numbness, and a Foot Drop
15 Martin Nash: A 21-year-old Sprinter with Medial Calf Pain and Bruising
|Trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|
|Stock Status||Coming Soon|