The Master Adaptive Learner
Tomorrow's best physicians will be those who continually learn, adjust, and innovate as new information and best practices evolve, reflecting adaptive expertise in response to practice challenges. As the first volume in the American Medical Association's MedEd Innovation Series, The Master Adaptive Learner is an instructor-focused guide covering models for how to train and teach future clinicians who need to develop these adaptive skills and utilize them throughout their careers.
- Explains and clarifies the concept of a Master Adaptive Learner: a metacognitive approach to learning based on self-regulation that fosters the success and use of adaptive expertise in practice.
- Contains both theoretical and practical material for instructors and administrators, including guidance on how to implement a Master Adaptive Learner approach in today's institutions.
- Gives instructors the tools needed to empower students to become efficient and successful adaptive learners.
- Helps medical faculty and instructors address gaps in physician training and prepare new doctors to practice effectively in 21st century healthcare systems.
- One of the American Medical Association Change MedEd initiatives and innovations, written and edited by members of the ACE (Accelerating Change in Medical Education) Consortium - a unique, innovative collaborative that allows for the sharing and dissemination of groundbreaking ideas and projects.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||Edited by William Cutrer; Martin Pusic; Larry D Gruppen, PhD, Professor of Medical Education, University of Michigan Medical School, USA; Maya M. Hammoud, MD, MBA, Professor, Obstetrics and Gynecology University of Michigan and Sally A. Santen, MD, PhD , Assistant Dean, Educational Research & Quality Improvement; Associate Chair, Education, Department of Emergency Medicine UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN HEALTH SYSTEM|
|Table of Content||1. Who is the Master Adaptive Learner?
2. How does Master Adaptive Learning Advance Expertise Development?
3. The Master Adaptive Learner: A Conceptual Model?
4. What are the four critical personal characteristics that support the Master Adaptive Learning process?
5. Which cognitive processes are involved in the Master Adaptive Learner process?
6. What is the role of self-assessment in the Master Adaptive Learner model?
7. How do you measure the Master Adaptive Learner?
8. How and where do I teach my students about the Master Adaptive Learner model?
9. How will the Master Adaptive Learner process work in the classroom?
10. How will the Master Adaptive Learner process work at the bedside?
11. How Does Master Adaptive Learning Interact with the Learning Environment?
12. How can I best support Master Adaptive Learners using coaching?
13. Can the Master Adaptive Learner process help the struggling learner?
14. How Can the Master Adaptive Learner Model Advance Leadership Development?
15. How Can the Master Adaptive Learner Model and Health Systems Science Collaborate to Improve Health Care?
16. How does Master Adaptive Learning ensure optimal pathways to clinical expertise?
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|