Valvular Heart Disease: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease , 5th Edition
Covering the full range of diagnosis and treatment for valvular heart disease, this award-winning reference provides the information you need for safe and effective practice. Part of the Brauwald's family of heart disease references, Valvular Heart Disease, 5th Edition, brings you fully up to date with the latest procedures, imaging modalities, basic science, diagnostic criteria, and treatment guidelines in this fast-changing area. Internationally renowned authors Dr. Catherine M. Otto and Dr. Robert O. Bonow help you apply today's best, evidence-based medical and surgical approaches in your daily practice.
- Covers current topics such as transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), timing of intervention for mitral regurgitation, imaging guidance of transcatheter valve procedures, management of prosthetic valve, advanced imaging of the aortic and mitral valves, management of valve disease in pregnant women, and advances in diagnosis and treatment of endocarditis.
- Contains new chapters on the imaging approach before TAVR, transcatheter valve-in-valve implantation for prosthetic valve stenosis, and management of pulmonic valve disease.
- Provides summaries of ACC, AHA, and ESC guidelines for guidance on best practices.
- Includes all the latest imaging modalities for a full understanding of tools needed for the most accurate physiologic understanding and accurate diagnoses.
- Offers access to 80 videos that help you visualize heart valve anatomy and dysfunction, as well as important techniques and procedures.
- Features an extensive number of new and updated illustrations of anatomy and physiology, methodology, flow charts, and clinical examples-750 high-quality images in all.
- Reorganizes chapters to closely link imaging and interventional approaches for aortic and mitral valve disease.
- Emphasizes evidence-based approaches with outcome data and relevant references.
- 2014 BMA Medical Book Awards 1st Prize Award Winner in Cardiology category.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Catherine M. Otto, MD, Editor-in-Chief, Heart, J. Ward Kennedy-Hamilton Endowed Chair in Cardiology. Professor of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA and Robert O. Bonow, MD, MS, Goldberg Distinguished Professor of Cardiology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, Illinois|
|Table of Content||1. Epidemiology of Valvular Heart Disease
John B. Chambers
2. Three-Dimensional Anatomy of the Aortic and Mitral Valves
Wendy Tsang, Benjamin H. Freed, Roberto M. Lang
3. Molecular Mechanisms of Calcific Aortic Valve Disease
Russell J. Everett, David E. Newby, Marc R. Dweck
4. Clinical and Genetic Risk Factors for Calcific Valve Disease
5. Left Ventricular and Vascular Changes in Valvular Heart Disease
Brian R. Lindman
6. Principles of Medical Therapy for Patients With Valvular Heart Disease
John P. Erwin III, Catherine M. Otto
7. Surgical and Procedural Risk Assessment of Patients With Valvular Heart Disease
Mohanad Hamandi, Michael J. Mack
8. Imaging the Aortic Valve
Rebecca T. Hahn, João Luiz Cavalcante
9. Aortic Stenosis: Clinical Presentation, Disease Stages, and Timing of Intervention
Jason P. Linefsky, Catherine M. Otto
10. Aortic Regurgitation: Clinical Presentation, Disease Stages, and Management
Arturo Evangelista, Pilar Tornos, Robert O. Bonow
11. The Bicuspid Aortic Valve and Associated Aortic Disease
Alan C. Braverman, Andrew Cheng
12. Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement: Indications, Procedure, and Outcomes
Amisha J. Patel, Susheel Kodali
13. Imaging Assessment for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
James Lee, Paul Schoenhagen, Milind Desai
14. Surgical Approach to Diseases of the Aortic Valve and Aortic Root
S. Chris Malaisrie, Patrick M. McCarthy
15. Diagnostic Evaluation of Mitral Regurgitation
Akhil Narang, Jyothy Puthumana, James D. Thomas
16. Rheumatic and Calcific Mitral Stenosis and Mitral Commissurotomy
Bernard Iung, Alec Vahanian
17. Mitral Valve Prolapse
David Messika-Zeitoun, Maurice Enriquez-Sarano
18. Secondary (Functional) Mitral Valve Regurgitation in Ischemic and Dilated Cardiomyopathy
Paul A. Grayburn
19. Surgical Mitral Repair and Replacement
Javier G. Castillo, David H. Adams
20. Transcatheter Mitral Valve Repair and Replacement
Howard C. Herrmann
21. Imaging Guidance of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Procedures
Ernesto E. Salcedo, Robert A. Quaife, John D. Carroll
22. Intraoperative Echocardiography for Mitral Valve Surgery
Donald C. Oxorn
23. Diseases of the Tricuspid Valve
24. Pulmonic Valve Disease in Adults
Yuli Y. Kim
25. Infective Endocarditis
Andrew Wang, Thomas Michael Bashore
26. Prosthetic Heart Valves: Selection, Management and Outcomes
Patrick O'Gara, Philippe Pibarot
27. Management of Bioprosthetic Valve Degeneration
28. Valvular Heart Disease in Pregnancy
Karen K. Stout, Eric V. Krieger
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.