Watson's Clinical Nursing and Related Sciences E-Book , 7th Edition
· Emphasis on holistic nursing care rather than bio-medical approach
· Includes material on all major client groups including children, older people, and addresses other branches including mental health and learning disability.
· Reflects hospital and community aspects of nursing care for major disorders
· Case studies and care plans included
· Well-designed in two colours and easy to use
· Each `disorder' chapter features key themes of psychological and social dimensions of care; involving family; discharge planning; requirements for care after discharge; nursing care within the context of the multi-disciplinary team; evidence-based practice
· Improved student features including case studies, sample critical pathways and care plans to reflect moves towards problem-based learning
Previous editions of this popular textbook have provided nursing students with the comprehensive guide they need to a wide range of clinical nursing issues. This edition continues to provide this comprehensive support, but also reflects the changing context of nursing care in the 21st century. It reflects the growing importance of primary health and the community, the move towards evidence-based practice and the importance of the multi-disciplinary team. The text is designed to emphasise the importance of holistic, patient-focussed nursing. It addresses health assessment and introduces students to key aspects of the medical history and physical exam. Contemporary issues such as substance misuse are also examined.
Clearly written and well-organised to support study, the text also features case studies, critical incidents and care plans. The chapters include extensive 2-colour artwork and are supported by current references and suggestions for further reading. Electronic ancillary material is available at http://evolve.elsevier.com/Walsh/Watsons/
- Comprehensive, nursing focussed textbook
- Emphasis on holistic nursing care rather than bio-medical approach
- Includes material on all major client groups including children, older people, and mental health clients.
- Reflects hospital and community aspects of nursing care for major disorders
- Case studies and care plans included
- Well-designed in two colours and easy to use
- Each `disorder' chapter features key themes of psychological and social dimensions of care; involving family; discharge planning; requirements for care after discharge; nursing care within the context of the multi-disciplinary team; evidence-based practice
|Author Informaiton||By Mike Walsh, PhD, BA(Hons), RGN, PGCE, DipN(London), A&ECert(Oxford), Reader in Nursing, St Martin's College, Lancaster & Carlisle, UK and Alison Crumbie, MSN, BSc, RGN, DipNP, Dip App ScN, PGCE, Senior Lecturer & Nurse Practitioner, St Martin's College, Lancaster & Carlisle, UK|
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.