Wheater's Pathology: A Text, Atlas and Review of Histopathology, International Edition , 6th Edition
- Contains a new chapter, Introduction to Pathology and Techniques, that provides more background information on histology techniques, immunohistochemistry, molecular tests and digital pathology.
- Contains new, full-color illustrations that depict additional pathological entities and update classifications.
- Includes access to online-only material such as new questions for each chapter, and numerous macroscopic images.
- Incorporates cutting-edge information on molecular pathology throughout.
- Includes quick-reference features such as keys to the lettering in images at the bottom of each page and fully revised clinical boxes with clinical-pathological correlations that explain the relevance of the pathological processes underlying common diseases and their complications.
- Summarizes key points with chapter reviews at the end of each section.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Geraldine O'Dowd, BSc (Hons), MBChB (Hons), FRCPath, Consultant Diagnostic Pathologist, Lanarkshire NHS Board, Honorary Clinical Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland ; Sarah Bell, BSc Med Sci(Hons), MBChB(Hons), DipFMS, FRCPath, Consultant Pathologist, Department of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow, UK and Sylvia Wright, BSc(Hons), MBChB(Hons), FRCPath, DipFMS, PG Cert Mol Path, Consultant Pathologist, Department of Pathology, Queen Elizabeth University Hospital, Glasgow, UK|
|Table of Content||
Preface to the First Edition
BASIC PATHOLOGICAL PROCESSES
1. Introduction to pathology
2. Cellular responses to injury
3. Acute inflammation, healing and repair
4. Chronic inflammation
5. Infections of histological importance
6. Disorders of growth
7. Dysplasia and neoplasia
9. Thrombosis and embolism
BASIC SYSTEMS PATHOLOGY
11. Cardiovascular system
12. Respiratory system
13. Gastrointestinal system
14. Liver and pancreaticobiliary system
15. Urinary system
16. Lymphoid and haematopoietic systems
17. Female reproductive system
19. Male reproductive system
20. Endocrine system
22. Bone and soft tissues
23. Nervous system
Appendix 1 - Notes on commonly used staining methods
Appendix 2 - Glossary of pathological terms
Appendix 3 - Bonus E-Book Images
|Trim||210h x 297w mm|
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Our ebooks are Vitalsource files to open with the Bookshelf library. Here are the steps to quickly read your eBook.
- Create your account on the Vitalsource Bookshelf
- Insert the access code that will be sent to you by email or found on your account, section "my ebooks"
- Validate and your ebook is available
Namely: you can consult your eBook either online or after downloading the application Bookshelf on your tablet / smartphone.
Four downloads are possible: two on a landline and two on mobile. VitalSource technology allows you to read, navigate, search, highlight and annotate your work with ease and synchronization across multiple media.
A question about how to download and read your ebook? Click here If you have any difficulty accessing your e-books, please contact us via our contact form or call us on the following number: 01 71 16 55 99. Our services are open Monday to Thursday from 9 am to 6 pm hours and Fridays from 9am to 5pm.