10 % off Paperback
- The book provides guidance on the theory and practice of the research writing task
- Brings together the theory and practice of writing research in one text
This unique resource provides valuable assistance to those writing and publishing nursing research. Rather than emphasizing how to conduct research, this reference assists in the writing task itself - identifying the principles of writing and the commonly used methodologies of health care research. The writing process, as it applies to research, is examined and techniques for writing are discussed in detail. Practical hints and helpful suggestions are included throughout the text, with examples where appropriate. In addition, the book discusses the similarities and differences between the forms of written research - specifically journal articles, theses, conference papers, and research reports.
- The theory and practice of research writing are comprehensively covered.
- Information on how to arrange material for specific purposes is provided.
- A range of commonly used research approaches is encompassed, and the writing task is discussed from within each.
- The writing process is linked to a philosophical basis of the research approach.
|Author Information||By Judith Clare, RN, BA, MA(Hons), PhD, FRCNA, Dean School of Nursing, The Flinders University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia and Helen Hamilton, RN, BA, DipSoc, B LITT, MClinN, FRCNA, FCN, Freelance editor; Former Projects Officer, RCN Australia, Editor of Collegian - journal of RCNA; Former Nurse Researcher, Austen Hospital, Heidelberg, Australia|
|Table of Content||Introduction
SECTION A: Beginning the writing process
1. Purpose for writing
2. The writing process
SECTION B: Writing from within specific methodologies and methods
3. Interpretive approaches
4. Feminist approaches
5. Critical approaches
6. Post structuralist and post modern approaches
7. Historical approach
8. Empirico-analytical approach
SECTION C: Finalising the writing process
9. Ethics in publishing
10. Editor/ author relations
|Stock Status||In Stock|
Write Your Own Review