Zika and Other Neglected and Emerging Flaviviruses
- Single-authored resource, covering all flaviviruses in one single volume.
- Tick-borne encephalitis virus has the potential to rapidly spread to new regions and cause severe illness and panic as well as disrupting economies throughout the world - all covered in this text.
Offering up-to-date coverage of familiar flaviviruses that are spreading into new regions or are causing increasingly severe disease, as well as viruses that are almost unknown in most developed nations, Zika and Other Neglected and Emerging Flaviviruses brings together information that allows for easy comparison of similarities and differences of this viral group in a single, convenient volume. Each chapter includes a brief Introduction, history, the diseases, the virus, the immune response, prevention or treatment, an extensive list of references, and a summary overview. The book concludes with a chapter tying together information about flaviviruses and other potential new microbial threats.
- Covers familiar flaviviruses that are spreading into new regions or are causing increasingly severe disease (such as Zika, dengue and West Nile viruses), as well as lesser-knowns viruses such as tick-borne encephalitis virus, Powassan virus, Omsk hemorrhagic fever, and Murray Valley encephalitis virus.
- Allows health-related personnel to search for potential treatments and protective responses by examining what measure did or did not work with other, related flaviviruses.
- Helps readers understand how to prevent or contain newly emerging viral threats―a particularly timely topic regarding the global spread of COVID-19 and the potential of tick-borne encephalitis to rapidly spread and cause severe illness, panic, and disruption of economies.
- Consolidates today's available information on this timely topic into a single, convenient resource.
|Author Information||By Lisa A. Beltz, PhD|
"Dr. Lisa A. Beltz has produced a tour de force scientific and reference book on neglected and emerging arboviral flaviviruses in her latest work... Of equal and perhaps even better appeal for generalists in the health sciences, public health, and infectious disease medicine, this book is highly readable and straightforward."
-Dr. Catherine Zeman, PhD
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|
|Stock Status||In Stock|