Allergies and Hypersensitivity Disease in Animals
- Advanced immunology reference highlights the essential topics relating to veterinary allergies and hypersensitivity.
- Comprehensive coverage provides a single-source review of allergic diseases in dogs, cats, horses and livestock species.
- Clear guidelines are provided for treatment protocols and diagnostic procedures, all based on the latest pathogenesis studies.
- Expert author Ian R. Tizard is a well-established veterinary writer who is world-renowned on the topic of vaccinations, immunology, and allergies in veterinary medicine.
- Consistent organization for each chapter - Introduction, Pathogenesis, Allergens, Clinical Disease, Diagnosis, and Treatment - supports evidence-based veterinary care.
- Basic science chapters are useful for exam review and as clinical companion resources.
- Enhanced eBook provides access to a fully searchable version of the entire text, making it available on a variety of devices, and is included with each new print purchase.
Learn to treat allergic diseases in animals using the latest protocols, procedures, and studies! Allergies and Hypersensitivity Disease in Animals provides an all-in-one review of allergic diseases in dogs, cats, horses, and livestock species. Addressing this growing problem, the book covers key topics such as signs of allergies and hypersensitivity disease, the route by which antigens enter the body, the major mediators of allergies, allergic reactions including anaphylaxis and atopic and contact dermatitis, and diagnosis and treatment. Written by noted veterinary author Ian R. Tizard, this evidence-based reference includes an enhanced eBook with print purchase, with access to a fully searchable version of the text available on a variety of devices. It's a must-have for every veterinary practice!
|Author Information||By Ian R Tizard, University Distinguished Professor of Immunology Emeritus, Department of Veterinary Pathobiology, Texas A&M University, College Station, TX, USA|
|trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|