Canine and Feline Endocrinology , 4th Edition
No other title offers such dedication to the depth, experience, and focus of endocrinology as Canine and Feline Endocrinology, 4th Edition. Comprehensive coverage includes virtually every common and uncommon condition in endocrinology, plus the most updated information on nutrition, geriatric care, pathophysiology, testing procedures, and cost-effective and expedient diagnostic protocols. With its logical, step-by-step guidance for decision making, diagnosis, and prescribing, you will be well-equipped to care for the wide spectrum of endocrine and metabolic disorders in dogs and cats.
- Expert authorship , including the addition of three world-renowned endocrinology experts - Claudia Reusch, Catharine Scott-Moncrieff, and Ellen Behrend - offers unparalleled guidance on the latest advances in the field.
- Separation of cats and dogs into separate chapters ensures information on each species is covered to its fullest.
- Focus on diagnosis and treatment with less discussion on anatomy and physiology allows the book to concentrate on practical, current information that today's clinician most use.
- Thorough coverage of indications and interpretation of testing procedures in endocrine diseases enables reliable and accurate diagnosis.
- Detailed discussions of diagnostic strategies and treatment recommendations provide practical, cost-effective, and expedient approaches while ensuring they represent standard of care backed by research and experience.
- Algorithms on diagnostic and therapeutic approaches provide a practical, logical resource for the busy practitioner needing quick access to information.
- Logical, step-by-step guidelines aid in accurate decision-making and diagnosis.
- Comprehensive tables and boxes summarize and clarify key information for quick reference.
- In-depth discussions from experts in the field include coverage of treatment, monitoring, and management of complications as well as clinical signs, differential diagnoses and diagnostic approaches
- Extensive reference lists provide readers with sources for additional information on clinical investigative studies
- Separate chapters devoted to each key topic provide thorough, distinct coverage of all content areas.
|Author Informaiton||By Edward C. Feldman, DVM, DACVIM, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA; Richard W. Nelson, DVM, Dipl ACVIM, Professor, Department of Medicine and Epidemiology, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA; Claudia Reusch and J. Catharine Scott-Moncrieff|
|Table of Content||
SECTION 1: THE PITUITARY GLAND
SECTION 2: THE THYROID GLAND
SECTION 3: THE ENDOCRINE PANCREAS
SECTION 4: THE ADRENAL GLAND
SECTION 5: PARATHYROID GLAND
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|