Essentials of Dental Assisting, 7th Edition
- Comprehensive, easy-to-read coverage spans the entire dental assisting curriculum, with cutting-edge content providing essential knowledge and skills.
- Step-by-step procedures are provided for basic and expanded dental assisting functions, showing techniques, the equipment and supplies needed, and the rationale behind each step, along with icons to identify the preparation and precautions.
- Expanded Function procedures are identified with a distinctive EF icon and feature a different-colored background to differentiate them from basic procedures.
- Multiple-choice review questions and Apply Your Knowledge questions are provided at the end of each chapter, allowing you to assess your comprehension and build problem-solving abilities.
- Learning objectives in each chapter introduce the topics you will learn about, and Ethical Implications boxes bring a moral perspective to dental assisting issues.
- Key terms and a complete glossary with definitions strengthen your understanding of important terminology.
- Evolve website supports the book with video clips of key procedures, patient cases, quizzes and exams, and more.
Master the core skills and knowledge you need to become a dental assistant! Essentials of Dental Assisting, 7th Edition provides concise, easy-to-understand guidelines for the basic and expanded functions performed by dental assistants. Illustrated, step-by-step procedures help you learn the dental assistant's role and responsibilities, and application exercises help you develop critical thinking skills and solve problems. An Evolve website adds video clips demonstrating clinical skills, patient cases with interactive exercises, and practice questions for board exams. Written by expert dental assisting educator Debbie S. Robinson, this practical resource will help you become a valuable member of the dental healthcare team.
|Author Information||By Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Former Research Associate, Department of Nutrition Gillings School of Global Public Health University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina|
|Table of Content||
PART 1: The Profession
1. ?Introduction to Dental Assisting
2. Professional and Legal Aspects of Dental Assisting
PART 2: The Sciences
3. Anatomy and Physiology
4. Dental Anatomy
PART 3: Infection Control in the Dental Setting
5. Microbiology and Disease Transmission
6. Management of Hazardous Materials
7. Surface Disinfection and Treatment Room Preparation
8. Instrument Processing
PART 4: Patient Care
9. The Dental Patient
10. Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
PART 5: Foundation of Clinical Dentistry
11. Delivering Dental Care
12. Instruments, Handpieces, and Accessories
13. ?The Dental Exam
14. ?Moisture Control
15. Pain and Anxiety Management
PART 6: Dental Imaging
16. ?Radiation Safety and Production of X-Rays
17. Oral Radiography
PART 7: Dental Materials
18. Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials
19. Impression Materials and Laboratory Procedures
PART 8: Preventive Dentistry
20. Preventive Care
21. ?Coronal Polishing and Dental Sealants
PART 9: Comprehensive Dentistry
22. Restorative Dentistry
23. Prosthodontics and Dental Implants
26. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
27. Pediatric Dentistry
PART 10: Preparation for Employment
29. The Job Search
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|