Student Workbook for Essentials of Dental Assisting, 7th Edition
- Chapter exercises test your recall and comprehension of the material with short answer, multiple choice, fill-in-the-blank, matching, true/false, and labeling for dental anatomy and charting.
- Correlation with the textbook makes it easy to move between the chapters in the main text and the competency sheets and exercises in the workbook.
- Correlation with the online Interactive Dental Office provides engaging exercises for the patient cases on the Evolve website.
- Competency sheets allow you to practice a skill until you have mastered it, and provide a convenient template for self-, peer-, or instructor evaluation.
- Cases with short-answer questions let you apply concepts to the practice setting.
- Removable flashcards quiz you about the sciences, medical emergencies, infection control, radiography, dental materials, instruments, and dental procedures, helping you prepare more effectively for courses and also for national board and state certification exams.
- Perforated pages allow users to detach exercises for classroom evaluation and competency forms for use in clinical evaluation settings.
Reinforce your understanding of dental assisting concepts and practice essential skills! With chapters corresponding to the chapters in Essentials of Dental Assisting, 7th Edition, this student workbook provides a variety of exercises and activities to help you master the role and responsibilities of the dental assistant. Learning activities include review questions, competency sheets, and handy flashcards, each applying your knowledge to preclinical and clinical procedures. It's an ideal study tool to use in dental assisting courses and to prepare for national board and state certification exams!
|Author Information||By Debbie S. Robinson, CDA, MS, Former Research Associate, Department of Nutrition Gillings School of Global Public Health University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, North Carolina|
|Table of Content||
PART 1: The Profession
1. ?Introduction to Dental Assisting
2. Professional and Legal Aspects of Dental Assisting
PART 2: The Sciences
3. Anatomy and Physiology
4. Dental Anatomy
PART 3: Infection Control in the Dental Setting
5. Microbiology and Disease Transmission
6. Management of Hazardous Materials
7. Surface Disinfection and Treatment Room Preparation
8. Instrument Processing
PART 4: Patient Care
9. The Dental Patient
10. Medical Emergencies in the Dental Office
PART 5: Foundation of Clinical Dentistry
11. Delivering Dental Care
12. Instruments, Handpieces, and Accessories
13. ?The Dental Exam
14. ?Moisture Control
15. Pain and Anxiety Management
PART 6: Dental Imaging
16. ?Radiation Safety and Production of X-Rays
17. Oral Radiography
PART 7: Dental Materials
18. Restorative and Esthetic Dental Materials
19. Impression Materials and Laboratory Procedures
PART 8: Preventive Dentistry
20. Preventive Care
21. ?Coronal Polishing and Dental Sealants
PART 9: Comprehensive Dentistry
22. Restorative Dentistry
23. Prosthodontics and Dental Implants
26. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
27. Pediatric Dentistry
PART 10: Preparation for Employment
29. The Job Search
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|