Nutritional Foundations and Clinical Applications, 8th Edition
- Applying Content Knowledge and Critical Thinking: Clinical Applications case studies help you apply nutrition principles to real-world practice situations.
- Personal Perspective box in each chapter offers a firsthand account of the ways in which nutrition affects patients' lives, demonstrating the personal touch for which this book is known.
- Teaching Tool boxes include strategies for providing nutrition counseling to patients.
- The Nursing Approach boxes analyze a realistic nutritional case study according to the nursing process.
- Social Issue boxes show how ethical, social, and community concerns can influence health and wellness.
- Health Debate boxes address the nurse's response to differing opinions or controversies about food, nutrition, and health concerns.
- Cultural Considerations boxes show how to understand and respect the food and health customs of specific ethnic groups.
- Key terms and a glossary make it easy to learn key vocabulary and concepts.
Master the nurse's role in therapeutic nutrition and in teaching dietary health! Nutritional Foundations and Clinical Applications: A Nursing Approach, 8th Edition describes nutritional healing and wellness from the nurse's perspective. It covers dietary guidelines with a humanistic, personal touch, using first-hand accounts to show how nutrition principles apply to patients in real-world practice. This edition is updated with the most current guidelines and the latest research on nutrition. Written by noted educators Michele Grodner, Sylvia Escott-Stump, and Suzie Dorner, this leading nutrition text promotes healthy diets and shows how nutrition may be used in treating and controlling diseases and disorders.
|Author Information||By Michele Grodner, EdD, CHES, Professor Department of Public Health William Paterson University Wayne, New Jersey ; Sylvia Escott-Stump, MA, RD, LDN, Clinical Assistant Professor and Director Dietetic Internship East Carolina University Greenville, North Carolina and Suzanne Dorner, MSN, RN, CCRN , Assistant Manager Medical Intensive Care Unit Tampa General Hospital Tampa, Florida|
|Table of Content||
PART I: Wellness, Nutrition, and the Nursing Role
1. Wellness Nutrition
2. Personal and Community Nutrition
PART II: Nutrients, Food, and Health
3. Digestion, Absorption, and Metabolism
8. Water and Minerals
PART III: Health Promotion Through Nutrition and Nursing Practice
9. Energy, Weight and Fitness
10. Nutrition Across the Life Span
PART IV: Overview of Medical Nutrition Therapy
11. Nutrition Assessment and Patient Care
12. Food-Related Issues
13. Nutrition for Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract
14. Nutrition for Disorders of the Liver, Gallbladder, and Pancreas
15. Nutrition for Diabetes Mellitus
16. Nutrition in Metabolic Stress: Burns, Trauma, and Surgery
17. Nutrition for Cardiopulmonary Disease
18. Nutrition for Diseases of the Kidneys
19. Nutrition for Neuro-Psychiatric Disorders
20. Nutrition in Cancer and HIV-AIDS
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|