Comprehensive Review of Infectious Diseases
Perfect for board review or quick reference in clinical practice, Comprehensive Review of Infectious Diseases is a balanced, high-yield resource covering the full range of infectious disease topics. Whether you're preparing for examinations or are looking for a concise resource to support your practice, this unique review contains precisely the information you need - from common infectious diseases concepts and conditions to hundreds of up-to-date review questions and answers for self-assessment and exam preparation.
- Covers the most frequently encountered concepts and conditions in infectious diseases.
- Covers challenging areas frequently covered on the boards: clinically-relevant microbiology and ID pharmacology, HIV and antiretroviral therapy, infections in immunocompromised hosts, dermatologic manifestations of ID, infection mimics, infection control and prevention, and more.
- Includes new and emerging topics such as neglected tropical diseases, bioterrorism, and emerging and re-emerging infections.
- Provides 450 case-based, board-style multiple-choice questions and answers for test prep and self-assessment.
- Facilitates quick review and maximum retention of information by including hundreds of high-quality illustrations, tables, high-yield boxes, and bulleted lists.
- Contains practical tips for taking the boards, buzzwords and memory aids for board questions, and clinical and board pearls.
- Edited and written by rising stars in the field of infectious diseases - authors who have recently taken the boards and excelled, and who understand the challenges posed by this complex field of study and practice.
- Includes an Expert Consult™ eBook version with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Informaiton||By Andrej Spec; Gerome V. Escota; Courtney Chrisler and Bethany Davies, MBBS MD MA MSc PGCertMedEd MRCP FRCPath|
|Pp Authortext||Spec, Escota, Chrisler & Davies|
|Table of Content||1. Bacteriology
6. Antimycobacterial Agents
7. Antifungal Agents
9. Antiparasitic Agents
10. Fever and Sepsis
11. Head & Neck Infections
12. Central Nervous System Infections
13. Respiratory Infections
14. Bacteremia and Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections
15. Cardiac and Cardiac Device Infections
16. Gastrointestinal Infections
17. Peritonitis, intra-abdominal abscess, hepato-biliary infections
18. Obstetric and Gynecologic Infections
19. Genitourinary Tract Infection
20. Infections of Pregnancy
21. Sexually Transmitted Infections
22. Hepatitis Viruses
23. Viral Exanthems and Vaccine-Preventable Illnesses
24. Disease due to Spirochetes
25. Skin and Soft Tissue Infections and Toxin-mediated Diseases
26. Bone and Joint Infections
28. The Dimorphic Mycoses
29. Monomorphic Mold Infections
30. Arthropod-borne Diseases
31. Infections Associated With Animal Exposure
33. Nontuberculous Mycobacterial Infections
36. Natural History of HIV
37. Non-infectious complications of HIV
38. Antiretroviral Therapy
39. Opportunistic Infections in HIV
40. Infections in Patients with Cancer and Immunosuppressive Therapy
41. Infections in Solid Organ Transplant Recipients
42. Infections in Bone Marrow Transplant Recipients
43. Primary Immunodeficiency Disorders
44. Infection Control and Prevention
45. Adult Immunization
46. General Principles of Travel Medicine
48. Syndromes that Mimic Infectious Diseases
49. High Yield Biostatistics
50. Commonly Encountered Skin Manifestations in ID
51. ID Memory Aids
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|