Essentials of Cardiac Anesthesia for Noncardiac Surgery
Patients with cardiac conditions routinely present for noncardiac surgeries, requiring special protocols for perioperative assessment and management by the anesthesiologist. Essentials of Cardiac Anesthesia for Noncardiac Surgery: A Companion to Kaplan's Cardiac Anesthesia provides current, easily accessible information in this complex area, ideal for general anesthesiologists and non-cardiac subspecialists. From preoperative assessment through postoperative care, this practical reference covers all perioperative approaches to today's patients with cardiac conditions.
- Provides guidance on the anesthetic diagnosis and management of the full range of cardiac lesions, helping minimize adverse outcomes and reduce complications for patients with common, complex, or uncommon cardiac conditions.
- Includes complete coverage of echocardiography and current monitoring techniques needed for thorough perioperative assessment - all from the anesthesiologist's perspective.
- Discusses safe and effective perioperative anesthetic management of patients presenting with advanced levels of cardiac care such as drug-eluting stents, multiple antiplatelet drugs, ventricular assist devices, multiple drugs for end-stage heart failure, and implanted electrical devices that produce cardiac resynchronization therapy, as well as patients with complicated obstetric problems or other significant cardiovascular issues.
- Features a concise, easy-to-navigate format and Key Points boxes in each chapter that help you find answers quickly.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Informaiton||By Joel A. Kaplan, MD, Dean, School of Medicine; Vice President for Health Affairs; Professor, Department of Anesthesiology, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY|
|Table of Content||
Kaplan's Essentials of Cardiac Anesthesia for Noncardiac Surgery
1. Perioperative Cardiovascular Evaluation and Management for Noncardiac Surgery
2. Perioperative Approach to the High-Risk Cardiac Patient
3. Care of the Patient with Coronary Stents Undergoing Noncardiac Surgery
4. Cardiovascular Implantable Electronic Device Management in Noncardiac Surgery
5. The LVAD-Supported Patient Presenting for Non-Cardiac Surgery
6. Patients with Prior Heart Transplants for Noncardiac Surgery
7. Pulmonary Hypertension in Noncardiac Surgical Patients
8. Adult Congenital Heart Disease in Noncardiac Surgery
9. Cardiovascular Monitoring in Noncardiac Surgery
10. Echocardiography in Noncardiac Surgery
11. Cardiovascular Pharmacology
12. General Anesthesia, Regional Anesthesia, and Monitored Anesthesia Care for Cardiac Patients
13. Vascular Surgery: Endovascular and Open Surgery
14. The Cardiac Patient for Thoracic Noncardiac Surgery
15. Anesthesia for Cardioversion and Electrophysiologic Procedures
16. Cardiac Patients Requiring Emergent Non-Cardiac Surgery
17. Cardiac Patients for Transplant Operations
18. The Pregnant Patient with Cardiac Disease
19. Goal-Directed Fluid Therapy, Perioperative Pain Management, and Enhanced Recovery
20. Management of Cardiovascular Problems in the Postanesthesia Care Unit
21. Critical Care Medicine in the Operating Room and Intensive Care Unit
22. Perioperative Care to Reduce Major Adverse Cardiac Events and Mortality in Noncardiac Surgery
|trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|