Gnepp's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology of the Head and Neck , 3rd Edition
Offering the most comprehensive collection of head and neck pathology specimens available in one reference, Gnepp's Diagnostic Surgical Pathology of the Head and Neck, 3rd Edition, is a must-have resource for pathologists in training and practice. This abundantly illustrated volume covers both common and rare disease entities of the entire head and neck area, with particular emphasis on differential diagnosis and diagnostic problems and pitfalls. Detailed text and a highly visual format help you improve turnaround time when diagnosing a specimen and facilitate clear communication of prognosis and therapeutic management options to surgical/medical colleagues.
- Covers key topics such as molecular aspects of disease, especially in reference to targeted therapy and personalized medicine; the latest classification and staging systems for head and neck diseases and disorders; and immunohistochemical features that help ensure diagnostic accuracy.
- Discusses new diagnostic biomarkers and their utility in differential diagnosis, as well as newly described variants and new histologic entities.
- Includes a new chapter on eye pathology.
- Incorporates new criteria as established by the 2017 World Health Organization classification of Head and Neck tumors and the 2017 World Health Organization classification of Endocrine organ tumors.
- Provides clinicopathologic correlations throughout to give you all the information you need to formulate a complete diagnostic report.
- Features more than 1700 full-color illustrations that capture the pathologic appearance of the full range of common and rare neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesions.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Douglas R. Gnepp, MD, Professor, Department of Pathology, Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, Rhode Island and Justin A. Bishop, MD, Associate Professor of Pathology, Director, Head and Neck Pathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas|
|Table of Content||
1. Precursor Lesions for Squamous Carcinoma in the Upper Aerodigestive Tract
2. Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Upper Aerodigestive System
3. Nonsquamous Lesions of the Nasal Cavity, Paranasal Sinuses and Nasopharynx
4. Lesions of the Oral Cavity
5. Nonsquamous Pathologic Diseases of the Hypopharynx, Larynx, and Trachea
6. Salivary Glands
7. Thyroid and Parathyroid Glands
8. Bone Lesions
9. Soft Tissue Tumors of the Head and Neck
10. Odontogenic Cysts and Tumors
11. Cysts of the Neck, Unknown Primary Tumor, and Neck Dissection
12. Ear: External, Middle, and Temporal Bone
13. Benign and Malignant Hematopoietic Diseases of the Head and Neck
14. Cutaneous Tumors and Pseudotumors of the Head and Neck
15. Pathology of the conjunctiva, orbit, lacrimal gland and intraocular tumors
16. APPENDIX 1: Guidelines for the Dissection of Head and Neck Specimens
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|