Handbook of Cancer Treatment-Related Toxicities
- Presents a user-friendly overview of cancer treatment-related symptoms and toxicities management in a practical, easy-to-use format, allowing you to quickly find information in one convenient, concise resource.
- Covers systemic and radiation therapies, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, targeted therapies, and radiation therapy, detailing symptoms of each toxicity to confirm your diagnosis.
- Overviews pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic approaches to symptom management.
- Offers recommendations for mitigating toxicities in high-risk patients.
- Discusses key topics such as management of infusion reactions, when the need for biopsy is warranted, and the unique challenges posed by novel immunotherapies.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Vamsidhar Velcheti, MD, FACP, FCCP, Associate Professor, NYU Grossman School of Medicine; Medical Director, Thoracic Oncology Program, NYU Langone Health, Perlmutter Cancer Center, New York, New York and Salman R Punekar, MD, Fellow at NYU Langone Health, Perlmutter Cancer Center, Department of Hematology and Oncology, New York, New York|
|Table of Content||
Part 1. Cytotoxic Chemotherapy
1. Mechanism of Chemotherapy in Cancer Treatment
2. Neutropenic Complications of Chemotherapy
3. Chemotherapy Induced Anemia
4. Cancer Treatment Related Thrombocytopenia
5. Oral Mucositis
6. Gastrointestinal Complications of Chemotherapy
7. Neurological Complications
8. Pulmonary Toxicities of Cytotoxic Chemotherapy
9. Dermatological Complications of Chemotherapy
10. Cardiotoxicities of Chemotherapy
11. Management of Cancer Treatment Infusion Reactions
Part 2. Targeted Therapies
12. Mechanism of Targeted Therapies in Cancer Treatment
13. Gastrointestinal Complications
14. Pulmonary Toxicities of Molecular Targeted Therapies
15. Dermatologic Toxicities
Part 3. Immunotherapies
17. Mechanism of Immune-Related Adverse Events
18. Endocrine Toxicities
19. Gastrointestinal Toxicities
20. Neurological Complications of Immunotherapy
21. Pulmonary Toxicities
22. Dermatological Complications
23. Immunotherapy-Induced Cardiotoxicities
24. Rheumatological Complications
Part 4. Radiation Therapy
25. Mechanisms of Radiation-Related Toxicities
26. Radiation-Induced Mucositis and Esophagitis
27. Radiation Therapy Related Dermatologic Toxicities
28. Pulmonary Toxicity from Radiation Therapy
29. Radiation-Induced Cardiotoxicities
|trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|