- Don't treat without it! Carry this portable, pocket-sized reference with you for quick, point-of-care access.
- See exactly how to proceed with each technique guided by illustrations and photographs detailing every crucial step.
- Spend more time treating and less time searching thanks to quickly accessible, concise information and detailed visuals that provide a practical tool for use in the office, in the clinic, or at the bedside.
- Consult with this complete clinical companion for the latest casting and splinting techniques, as well as common analgesia techniques, and traction and reduction maneuvers.
Handbook of Splinting and Casting, by Drs. Stephen R. Thompson and Dan A. Zlotolow, gives you practical, portable, step-by-step instructions on the most common techniques for initial orthopaedic injury management. Find all you need to know about the latest splinting and casting practices, analgesia procedures, reduction maneuvers, and more, quickly and easily. The highly templated format with hundreds of illustrations and photographs outlines the steps you must follow to perform each technique properly. Part of the popular Mobile Medicine Series, this pocket-sized reference is ideal for any point-of-care health professional.
- Stabilize any break or injury at the point of care by referring to this portable, pocket-sized reference.
- Perform each procedure flawlessly by following nearly 500 step-by-step illustrations and concise accompanying instructions.
- Get all the guidance you need with complete sections on Orthopaedic Analgesia, Reduction Maneuvers, Splints and Casts, and Traction Maneuvers.
|Author Informaiton||By Stephen R. Thompson, MD, Orthopaedic Surgery of Maine, Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, ME and Dan A. Zlotolow, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedics, Temple University School of Medicine, Shriners Hospital for Children of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Table of Content||
PART I: Analgesia
1. Basic Principles of Analgesia
2. Hematoma Block
3. Elbow Block
4. Wrist Block
5. Digital Block
6. Ankle Block
7. Intra-articular Ankle Block
PART 2: Reduction Maneuvers
8. Basic Principles of Reduction Maneuvers
9. Shoulder and Elbow Reduction
10. Forearm, Wrist, and Hand Reduction
11. Pelvis and Lower Extremity Reduction
PART 3: Splints and Casts
12. Basics of Splinting and Casting
13. Upper Extremity Splints and Casts
14. Lower Extremity Splints and Casts
PART 4: Traction Maneuvers
15. Femoral Skeletal Traction
16. Tibial Skeletal Traction
17. Calcaneal Skeletal Traction
18. Cervical Spine Traction with Gardner Wells Tongs
|trim||187 x 111 (4 3/8 x 7 3/8)|