Larsen's Human Embryology E-Book, 6th Edition
- Contains new information on gene editing via CRISPr technology, organoids and the study of human disease, transcription factors and signaling pathways, and single cell sequencing.
- Includes clinical scenarios that describe prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of human birth defects and disease.
- Features a superior art program, online animations, and high-quality drawings and photographs throughout-ideal for today's visual learners.
- Includes a strong clinical emphasis through the use of Clinical Tasters, Embryology in Practice, and In the Clinic sections.
- Provides additional information on mechanisms of development and research approaches and strategies to establish these mechanisms with In the Research Lab sections.
- Begins each chapter with an overview of main points as well as a graphical summary, with key terms listed in bold type.
- Covers the embryology information that today's medical students need to know for Board exams, clinics, and more, in a readable, straightforward manner.
|Author Information||By Gary C. Schoenwolf, PhD, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah; Steven B. Bleyl, MD, PhD, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah; Philip R. Brauer, PhD, Creighton University School of Medicine, Omaha, Nebraska and Philippa H. Francis-West, PhD, King's College London Dental Institute, London, United Kingdom|
|Table of Content||
Chapter 1 Gametogenesis, Fertilization, and First Week
Chapter 2 Second Week: Becoming Bilaminar and Fully Implanting
Chapter 3 Third Week: Becoming Trilaminar and Establishing Body Axes
Chapter 4 Fourth Week: Forming the Embryo
Chapter 5 Principles and Mechanisms of Morphogenesis and Dysmorphogenesis
Chapter 6 Fetal Development and the Fetus as a Patient
Chapter 7 Development of the Skin and Its Derivatives
Chapter 8 Development of the Musculoskeletal System
Chapter 9 Development of the Central Nervous System
Chapter 10 Development of the Peripheral Nervous System
Chapter 11 Development of the Respiratory System and Body Cavities
Chapter 12 Development of the Heart
Chapter 13 Development of the Vasculature
Chapter 14 Development of the Gastrointestinal Tract
Chapter 15 Development of the Urinary System
Chapter 16 Development of the Reproductive System
Chapter 17 Development of the Pharyngeal Apparatus and Face
Chapter 18 Development of the Ears
Chapter 19 Development of the Eyes
Chapter 20 Development of the Limbs
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|