Living with Chronic Illness and Disability, 4th Edition
Living with Chronic Illness and Disability: Principles for Nursing Practice provides the knowledge and skills necessary for nursing and allied health students to provide quality, competent care to people living with a chronic illness or disability.
The text has a strong evidence base, but is founded in reality. It includes practical, useful principles for holistic care, self-management, and a multidisciplinary approach. It also covers a range of issues affecting patients, carers and families, with a focus on empowering individuals as they adjust to the life-changing journey of chronic disease and disability.
Edited by Esther Chang and Amanda Johnson, and written by a multidisciplinary team of expert clinicians and academics, this book will enhance your confidence when caring for people with a range of major and common conditions, including heart disease, stroke, cancer, asthma, diabetes, obesity, dementia, mental illness and palliative care.
- Case studies and accompanying exercises give insights into lived experience
- Links to latest journal articles, media, further reading and online resources to enhance learning
- Questions to help you reflect on your practice
- Exercises and learning activities to understand contex
- eBook included with every print purchase
Additional resources on Evolve
- eBook on VitalSource
Student and instructor resources
- Links to multimedia resources and reflective questions to assist learning and promote self-inquiry
|Author Information||By Esther Chang, RN, CM, PhD, MEdAdmin, BAppSc(AdvNur), DNE, Director of Research, School of Nursing and Midwifery, Western Sydney University, NSW and Amanda Johnson, RN, DipT(Nsg), PhD, MHScEd, Head of School, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Paramedicine NSW/ACT, Australian Catholic University; Adjunct Associate Professor , Western Sydney University, NSW.|
|Table of Content||
SECTION 1: FRAMEWORKS FOR CHRONIC ILLNESS AND DISABILITY
SECTION 2: PRINCIPLES FOR NURSING PRACTICE
|trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|