- Key objectives help with self-directed learning
- Simple and memorable diagrams are easily reproduced in exams
- Ideal for both learning and exam review, encouraging you to assess your own knowledge
- Provides exam practice
This title is part of a series of books that reflects the trend towards a core curriculum and self-directed learning. The content is restricted to the 'must know' core information presented in a synoptic style. The diagrams that support the text are in a style that the reader can remember and reproduce in examinations. Each chapter ends with a selection of self-assessment material and full explanatory answers. These consolidate and expand on the chapter contents.
- Concise synoptic (not telegraphic text).
- Appropriate self-assessment material.
- Only covers core, so student knows the whole book is essential.
- Includes key objectives.
- Contains simple and memorable diagrams for reproduction in exams.
- Ideal for learning as well as examination review, specifically trying to stimulate the student into assessing his/her own knowledge.
- The books in the series both complement other available major texts, but also contain enough material to stand in the own right.
- Provides examination practice.
- Part of co-ordinated series.
|Author Informaiton||By J. Graham McGeown, BSc, MB, BChB, AO, PhD, Reader in Physiology, School of Medicine and Dentistry, Queen's University, Belfast, UK|
|Published Reviews||"These books are brilliant for taking on the road out to peripheral hospital placements, and cover all the essentials (plus a little bit more) on all the key topics. They have plenty of information to help explain those topics and subjects you see on the wards/in theatre.When time is a little short, and you simply need fast hard facts in an easy to read yet thorough way these books are simply perfect. I have no doubt in recommending them to my friends or any other medical student"
Medical Student, University of Bristol, UK (series review)