Handbook of Neuro-Ophthalmology , 2nd Edition
The revised and updated 2nd Edition of this popular handbook offers practical, clinical guidance on the diagnosis and therapeutic management of the 22 most common neuro-ophthalmic disorders. Pocket-sized for portability, it's organized to make essential information easy to find. Each chapter follows the same consistent format-overview and etiology, physical examination, differential diagnosis, investigation and treatment. Photographs, figures, and tables summarize data for quick reference, and case reports throughout illustrate approaches to treatment. Five brand-new chapters on orbital disease reflect the growing prevalence of this disorder in practice.
- Provides portable, quick access to information on diagnosis and treatment.
- Includes case reports, illustrating specific treatment approaches.
- Presents abundant photographs, figures and tables, summarizing data for quick reference.
- Follows a consistent format from chapter to chapter outlining etiology · physical examination · differential diagnosis · investigation · and treatment.
|Author Informaiton||By Robert L. Tomsak, MD, PhD, Associate Professor of Neurology and Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH; and Mark R. Levine, MD, Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH; Private Practice, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and General Ophthalmology, South Euclid|
|Pp Authortext||Tomsak & Levine|
|New to this Edition||
|Published Reviews||"Treatment sections are full, descriptive and complete with various options and modalities, further highlighted by the authors' personal clinical experiences.
A great companion for any eye care professional and a wonderful guide to take along to clinic. It can assist in managing tough cases and be used to get confirmation on a particular treatment, sign or symptom. After seeing a particular condition in the field, this book will also help as a comprehensive review."
-Ocular Surgery News
|Table of Content||I. Neuro-Ophthalmology
1. Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
2. Botulinum Toxin, Diplopia
5. Low Tension (Normal-Tension)Glaucoma
6. Nutritional Deficiency Amblyopia
8. Ocular Myasthenia
9. Optic Glioma
10. Optic Nerve Sheath, Meningiomas
11. Optic Neuritis
12. Idiopathic Intracranial Hyperension (Pseudotumor Cerebri)
13. Retinal Artery Occlusion
14. Temporal Arteritis
15. Thyroid-Associated Orbitopathy
16. Transient Monocular Blindness
17. Traumatic Optic Neuropathy
II. Orbital Disease
18. Orbital Disease: Evaluation and Differential Diagnosis
19. Orbital Fractures
21. Malignant Eyelid Tumors
22. Lacrimal Gland Tumors