On Call Surgery E-Book , 4th Edition
Ideal for any on-call professional, resident, or medical student, this best-selling reference by Drs. Gregg A. Adams, Stephen D. Bresnick, Jared Forrester, and Graeme Rosenberg covers the common problems you'll encounter while on call without direct supervision in the hospital. On Call Surgery, 4th Edition, fits perfectly in your pocket, ready to provide key information in time-sensitive, challenging situations. You'll gain speed, skill, and knowledge with every call - from diagnosing a difficult or life-threatening situation to prescribing the right medication.
- Features a logical, highly templated format so you can locate key information quickly.
- Provides updated content and references, keeping you on the cutting edge of current, evidence-based information.
- Includes the latest information on postoperative management of common surgical problems, complications, fluid/electrolyte management, and emergencies such as shock, hemorrhage, and cardiovascular crises. Also includes an up-to-date guide on bedside ultrasound and procedures.
- Highlights critical information, reducing the likelihood of error.
- Delivers consistent, easy-to-follow coverage of the most common on-call problems and approaches, including what to do from the initial phone call, questions you should ask to assess the urgency of each situation, "Elevator Thoughts," how to immediately identify major threats to life, what to do at the bedside, and how to avoid common mistakes for every call.
|Author Information||By Gregg A. Adams, MD, FACS, Staff Surgeon, Director of Surgical Education, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, San Jose, CA; Clinical Instructor, Department of General Surgery, Stanford University Medical Center, Stanford, CA; Stephen D. Bresnick, MD, DDS, Clinical Assistant Professor of Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, University of Southern California School of Medicine, Los Angeles, CA; Jared Forrester, MD, Resident in Surgery, General Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California and Graeme Rosenberg, MD|
|Table of Content||
Adams: On Call Surgery, 4th edition
Patient-related Problems: The common calls