Opie's Cardiovascular Drugs: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease, 9th Edition
- Uses a new, consistent format for each drug class: overview and guidelines for use, mechanisms of action, differences among drugs in class, data for use, side effects, and drug interactions.
- Covers key topics such as new ESC and NLA guidelines, advances in lipid-lowering therapy, new diabetes drugs that improve cardiovascular outcomes, obesity drugs and cardiovascular and metabolic effects, drugs targeting inflammation, and combinations of antithrombotic therapies with analysis of risk-benefit.
- Provides guidance on how to effectively manage comorbid diseases.
- Contains dozens of unique "Opiegram diagrams that demystify complex mechanisms of action and other drug processes-many updated to reflect current pathologic understanding of mechanisms.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices
|Author Information||By Deepak L. Bhatt, MD, MPH, Executive Director of Interventional Cardiovascular Programs, Brigham and Women's Hospital Heart and Vascular Center; Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA|
"All-in-all Opie's Cardiovascular Drugs: A Companion to Braunwald's Heart Disease Ninth Edition superbly edited by Dr Deepak L Bhatt remains true to its original vision and will continue to be a valuable resource for anyone wanting to update themself or revise cardiovascular medicine." -Prakash P Punjabi, Editor-in-Chief, Perfusion
|Table of Content||1. Drugs for Ischemic Heart Disease 2. Antihypertensive Therapies 3. Drugs for Heart Failure 4. Drugs for Diabetes 5. Drugs for Obesity 6. Lipid-Modifying Drugs 7. Drugs Targeting Inflammation 8. Antithrombotic Drugs 9. Antiarrhythmic Drugs 10. Vascular Medicine Drugs 11. Drugs for Pulmonary Hypertension|
|trim||187 x 111 (4 3/8 x 7 3/8)|