Pediatric Allergy: Principles and Practice , 4th Edition
- Focuses on the clinical application of science to the bedside, including clinical pearls discussing best practice approaches and guidelines.
- Integrates the latest research on the origins of allergy in early life, including pregnancy, the neonate, and infants.
- Includes new, evidence-based management guidelines for various diseases, including food allergy, atopic dermatitis, asthma and immunodeficiency.
- Provides new content on the prevention of allergies; asthma, eczema, and food allergies in young children; and extensive current guidelines and new therapies.
- Offers up-to-date information on key areas such as food challenges, skin testing, IgE diagnostic labs, immunotherapy, clinical immunology diagnostic testing, molecular diagnostics, and lung function testing.
- Highlights current guidance from a new team of leading experts with 150 anatomic schematics, clinical photos, and algorithms-many new to this edition.
- Covers gene therapy, stem-cell therapy, and a host of immunodeficiency diseases found in children with allergies.
- Discusses targeted biologics for severe allergic diseases, defects of innate immunity, rheumatic diseases of childhood, and inflammatory disorders.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||Edited by Donald Y. M. Leung, MD, PhD, Head, Division of Pediatric Allergy/Immunology, National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Denver CO, USA Professor of Pediatrics, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver CO, USA; Cezmi A Akdis, Professor of Immunology, Swiss Institute of Allergy and Asthma Research, Davos, Switzerland; Leonard B. Bacharier, MD, Professor of Pediatrics, Clinical Director, Division of Pediatric Allergy, Immunology and Pulmonary Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine in St Louis, Children's Hospital, St Louis MO, USA; Charlotte Cunningham-Rundles, MD, PhD, Professor of Clinical Immunology and Pediatrics Icahn School of Medicine Mt Sinai Hospital New York, New York ; Scott H Sicherer, MD, Clinical Professor of Pediatrics, Chief, Pediatrics Allergy and Immunology, Medical Director, General Clinical Research Center, Jaffe Food Allergy Institute, Mount Sinai Medical Center, New York NY, USA and Hugh A. Sampson, MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA|
"All in all this book covers vast range of topics related with indoor, out-door allergen induced responses including the basic principles of immunology and diseases in children. Primarily, this multi-author book presents deeper understanding of the pathophysiology in a concerted manner. The same makes this book collectable for those clinicians interested in most up-to-date text on allergic conditions and the generalists who will benefitting from learning about wide range of expressions of Immunological challenges children are exposed to in the modern age."
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|