Point of Care Ultrasound, 2nd Edition
Compact, hand-carried ultrasound devices are revolutionizing how healthcare providers practice medicine in nearly every specialty. The 2nd Edition of this BMA-award-winning text features all-new chapters, a greatly expanded video library, and new review questions to keep you fully up to date with the latest technology and its applications.
- Provides comprehensive guidance for any specialty on the latest point-of-care ultrasound applications for physicians and other health care providers.
- Helps you interpret findings with a peer-reviewed, online video library with more than 1,000 ultrasound videos of normal and pathologic findings. These videos are complemented by anatomical illustrations and text descriptions to maximize learning.
- Offers new online resources, including over 120 clinical cases and 350 review questions in every chapter.
- Features fully updated content throughout, plus all-new chapters on hemodynamics, transesophageal echocardiography, transcranial Doppler ultrasound, pediatrics, neonatology, and 2nd/3rd trimester pregnancy.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of expert contributors who are internationally recognized faculty from more than 60 institutions.
- Recipient of British Medical Association's President's Choice Award and Highly Commended in Internal Medicine at the BMA Medical Book Awards 2015 (first edition).
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase gives you access to all the text, figures, videos, cases, review questions, and references while on the go.
|Author Information||By Nilam J Soni, MD, MS, Professor of Medicine, Division of General & Hospital Medicine and Division of Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine, University of Texas Health San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas ; Robert Arntfield, MD, FRCPC, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Emergency Medicine and Division of Critical Care Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada and Pierre Kory, MD, MPA, Associate Professor of Medicine, Division of Allergy, Pulmonary, and Critical Care Medicine, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Madison, Wisconsin|
The 1st edition was the recipient of the 2015 BMA Medical Book Awards: Highly Commended in Internal Medicine
The 1st edition was the recipient of the 2015 BMA Medical Book Awards: BMA President's Choice Award
|Table of Content||
Soni: Point-of-Care Ultrasound, 2/E
Section 1: Fundamentals Principles of Ultrasound
1. Evolution of point-of-care ultrasound
2. Ultrasound Physics and Modes
5. Basic operation of an ultrasound machine
6. Imaging Artifacts
Section 2: Lungs & Pleura
8. Lung and Pleural Ultrasound Technique
9. Lung Ultrasound Interpretation
10. Pleura and Diaphragm
11. Lung and Pleural Procedures
12. Dyspnea & Pulmonary Embolism
Section 3: Heart
14. Cardiac Ultrasound Technique
15. Left ventricular function
16. Right ventricular function
17. Inferior Vena Cava
18. Pericardial effusion
20. Transesophageal Echocardiography
22. Hypotension and Shock
23. Cardiac Arrest
Section 4: Abdomen & Pelvis
24. Peritoneal Free Fluid
28. Abdominal Aorta
29. First Trimester Pregnancy
30. Second and Third Trimester Pregnancy
31. Testicular Ultrasound
32. Abdominal pain
33. Trauma Ultrasound
Section 5: Vascular System
34. Lower Extremity Deep Venous Thrombosis
35. Upper Extremity Deep Venous Thrombosis
36. Central Venous Access
37. Peripheral Venous Access
38. Arterial Access
Section 6: Head and Neck
39. Ocular ultrasound
40. Thyroid gland
41. Lymph Nodes
Section 7: Nervous System
42. Peripheral Nerve Blocks
43. Lumbar Puncture
44. Transcranial Ultrasound
Section 8: Soft Tissues & Joints
45. Soft Tissues and Joints
Section 9: Pediatrics
Section 10: Ultrasound Program Management
49. Competence, Credentialing, and Certification
50. Equipment, Image Archiving, & Billing
|trim||229 x 152 (6 x 9)|