10 % off Paperback
This popular resource addresses all areas of family health with an emphasis on promoting health and wellness and family self-care. Formerly known as Nurses and Family Health Promotion, this new edition is now entitled Promoting Health in Families, indicating a more proactive approach to working with families. Five new chapters reflect the changing dimensions of family health care and family life. In addition, the new edition introduces an international perspective, recognizing the commonalities of family life across cultures and features special boxes addressing family health promotion issues in Canada.
- Presents a unique focus on health promotion and illness prevention for families.
- Addresses all major areas of family life, such as culture, roles, communication, stress management, nutrition, spirituality, sexuality, and recreation.
- Provides a theoretical and historical perspective of family health and family nursing.
- Focuses on the nursing process in the discussion of family care, especially specific interventions to use when working with families.
- Emphasizes key information through pedagogical features such as chapter objectives and chapter highlights.
- A diverse contributor panel includes experts from all areas of family health, both within nursing and in other health disciplines.
|Author Information||By Perri J. Bomar, PhD, RN, Professor and Associate Dean for Research and Community Partnerships, University of North Carolina at Wilmington School of Nursing, Wilmington, North Carolina, USA|
|Table of Content||Unit I: Foundations of Nursing Care of Families and Family Health Promotion
1. Introduction to Family Health Nursing and Promoting Family Health
2. The Twenty-First Century Family
3. Family Health Promotion and Health Protection
Unit II: Conceptual Frameworks for Nursing Practice to Promote and Protect Family Health
4. Theoretical Foundations for Family Health Nursing Practice (NEW)
5. Family Roles
6. Family Social Support
7. Family Communication
8. Family Spirituality and Religion
9. Sociocultural Influences on Family Health Promotion and Health Protection
Unit III: Family Nursing Practice
10. Using the Nursing Process with Families (NEW)
11. Family Assessment and Intervention
12. Family Health Protection
13. Family Nutrition
14. Family Stress Management
15. Family Sexuality
16. Family Routines, Rituals, Recreation, and Rules
17. Family Health Promotion During Transitions
18. Family Health Promotion During Life Threatening Illness and End of Life (NEW)
19. Family Environmental Health
20. Health Promotion of Families in Rural Settings (NEW)
Unit IV: Social and Family Policy and the Future of Family Health
21. Influences of Social and Health Policies on Family Health
22. Family Health Promotion and Family Nursing in the New Millennium (NEW)
|trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|