Robbins Essential Pathology
The newest addition to the highly regarded Robbins family of pathology references, Robbins Essential Pathology is a concise resource that covers the core knowledge needed for coursework and exams in an integrated, multimedia format designed for today's students. Ideal for use with an integrated medical curriculum, this easy-to-study multimedia package provides reliable Robbins content in a concentrated, highly efficient format, now fully integrated with interactive digital resources (cases, MCQs, images). Efficient, effective, and up to date, this new Robbins learning resource delivers the essential information you need to obtain a strong scientific foundation in pathology.
- The most concise Robbins text available, providing high-quality content and a case-based approach in a focused, multimedia learning package for coursework and exam preparation.
- Focuses on the core knowledge of disease mechanisms and essential clinical aspects that medical students need to know.
- Features more than 500 images and tables that illustrate key disorders and concepts.
- Includes Student Consult access which features the full contents of the book, plus exclusive integrated digital learning tools:
- Interactive cases and images that reinforce clinical application of core concepts
- Therapy boxes that describe new advances in medical therapeutics and support your transition to practice
- Self-assessment questions to help you evaluate your progress, with links to the Essentials text
- Searchable glossary of terms
|Author Information||By Vinay Kumar, MBBS, MD, FRCPath, Alice Hogge and Arthur A. Baer Distinguished Service Professor of Pathology, Biologic Sciences Division and the Pritzker Medical School, The University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois; Abul K. Abbas, MBBS, Distinguished Professor and Chair, Department of Pathology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California ; Jon.C. Aster, MD, PhD, Professor of Pathology, Harvard Medical of School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts. and Andrea T Deyrup, M.D., Ph.D., Associate Professor Department of Pathology Duke University Medical Center|
"The authors have demonstrated much effort in putting pathology into the context of clinical medicine through clinical cases and self-assessment questions. The book will without a doubt make learning much more interesting. In summary, I would highly recommend this book to all medical students."
-Anamarija Perry, MD (University of Michigan Medical School) Doody's Review Score: 92-4 Stars!
|Table of Content||1. Cell Injury and Cell Death
2. Inflammation and Repair
3. Hemodynamic Disorders, Thromboembolism, and Shock
4. Diseases of the Immune System
6. Genetic Disorders
7. Disease of Blood Vessels
9. Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Systems
10. Lung and Upper Respiratory Tract
12. Gastrointestinal System
13. Liver, Biliary System, and Pancreas
14. Male Genital Tract, Prostate, and Bladder
15. Female Genital Tract and Breast
16. Endocrine System
17. Disorders of the Nervous system
18. Musculoskeletal System and Skin
19. Environmental Disease
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|