Sperling Pediatric Endocrinology , 5th Edition
An ideal resource for both pediatricians and endocrinologists, Sperling's Pediatric Endocrinology, 5th Edition, brings you fully up to date with accelerating research; new discoveries in metabolic, biochemical and molecular mechanisms; and the resulting advances in today's clinical care. The editorial team of world-renowned pediatric endocrinologists led by Dr. Mark Sperling, as well as expert contributing authors, cover comprehensive and current aspects of both basic science and clinical practice. Whether you're preparing for certification or have extensive clinical experience, this detailed, authoritative reference helps you increase your knowledge and determine the best possible course for every patient.
- Delivers trusted guidance in every area of the field: including Endocrine Disorders of the Newborn, Endocrine Disorders of Childhood and Adolescence, and Laboratory Tests.
- Features new topics such as transgender issues in children and adolescents and endocrinology of pregnancy, the fetus and the placenta.
- Offers expert coverage of hot topics such as disorders of sexual development, molecular basis of endocrine disorders, hypoglycemia in newborns and infants; neonatal and other monogenic forms of diabetes; Type I and Type II diabetes and their treatment with new insulins together with the progress in an artificial pancreas and new medications for T2DM in adolescents; the obesity epidemic and role of bariatric surgery; and advances toward personalized medicine.
- Includes easy-to-follow algorithms and numerous quick-reference tables and boxes in every clinical chapter, plus interactive questions online for self-assessment.
- Offers state-of-the-art information and fresh perspectives from new and award-winning authors in such areas as disorders of growth, multiple endocrine tumors, and puberty and its disorders in girls and boys.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||By Mark A. Sperling, MD, Professor and Chair Emeritus, Department of Pediatrics, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine; Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Diabetes Mellitus, Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania|
|Table of Content||
SECTION I Principles and Methods of Pediatric Endocrinology, 1
1. Overview and Principles of Pediatric Endocrinology, 1
SECTION II Endocrine Disorders in the Neonate, 106
5. Fetal-Maternal Endocrinology and Parturition, 106
SECTION III Childhood and Adolescent Endocrinology, 299
11. Disorders of Childhood Growth, 299
Interactive questions for self-assessment can be found in the e-book; see inside front cover for details.
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|