The Clinical Placement, 5th Edition
Clinical placements are wonderful learning experiences but they can also be daunting. This book is written specifically for nursing students undertaking a Diploma or Bachelor of Nursing. It will help you prepare for clinical placements and enhance your knowledge and confidence.
Written by leading academics Tracy Levett-Jones and Kerry Reid-Searl, The Clinical Placement will give you the knowledge, strategies, practical tips and insights you need to excel in your placements. It has a strong focus on both person-centred care, self-care, professional and personal responsibilities.
With a supporting video series containing a wealth of practical ideas from expert nurses and recently graduated students, this book will empower you to complete your clinical placements feeling confident and capable as you undertake your journey to becoming a registered nurse.
- Written specifically for students undertaking a Diploma or Bachelor of Nursing
- Tips to maximise learning opportunities in a range of different clinical settings
- Practical strategies for dealing with difficult and challenging situations
- 13 engaging videos provide expert insights
- An eBook included with print purchase
Additional resources on Evolve:
- eBook on VitalSource
Instructor and student resources:
- An introductory video by Tracy Levett-Jones
- 'Insights from Experts' videos with registered nurses
- 'Insights from Students' video with nursing graduates
|Author Information||By Tracy Levett-Jones, RN, BN, MEd&Work, PhD, Professor of Nursing Education and Head of School, School of Nursing & Midwifery, University of Technology Sydney, Sydney, Australia. and Kerry Reid-Searl, AM, RN, RM, BHlthSc, MClin Ed, PhD, Head of Innovation and Simulation, University of Tasmania; Clinical Nurse Educator, Queensland Health; Creator of Mask-Ed and Pup-Ed (KRS Simulation); Emeritus Professor, CQUniversity, QLD; Adjunct Professor, Monash, VIC|
|Table of Content||
CHAPTER 1: THE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
CHAPTER 2 : GREAT EXPECTATIONS
CHAPTER 3 : HOW YOU ACT
CHAPTER 4 : HOW YOU THINK AND FEEL
CHAPTER 5 : HOW YOU COMMUNICATE
CHAPTER 6: INSIGHTS FROM EXPERTS
|trim||216h x 140w mm|