The Hospital for Sick Children Handbook of Pediatrics , 12th Edition
- Provides the most up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic approaches to pediatric clinical problems using evidence-based guidelines.
- Contains new chapters on mental health and technology and medical complexity.
- Offers quick access to comprehensive information on urgent situations in a six-chapter Acute Care section devoted to pediatric emergencies.
- Includes abundant algorithms for bedside diagnoses and management of various scenarios.
- Offers fast access to key information such as normal reference values for various ages and sizes of pediatric patients, common equations and normal vital signs, and resuscitation drugs.
- Widely used by medical students, residents, practicing pediatricians, family physicians, emergency physicians, nurses, and other interdisciplinary practitioners.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
|Author Information||Edited by HSC; Shawna Silver, MD; Deborah Schonfeld, MD; Siobhán Neville, MD and Catherine Diskin, MD|
|Table of Content||
Section I: Acute Care Pediatrics
Chapter 1: Resuscitation
Chapter 2: Anesthesia
Chapter 3: Emergency Medicine
Chapter 4: Poisonings and Toxicology
Chapter 5: Pain and Sedation
Chapter 6: Procedures
Section II: Subspecialty Pediatrics
Chapter 7: Adolescent Medicine
Chapter 8: Allergy and Immunology
Chapter 9: Cardiology
Chapter 10: Child Maltreatment
Chapter 11: Dentistry
Chapter 12: Dermatology
Chapter 13: Development
Chapter 14: Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology
Chapter 15: Endocrinology
Chapter 16: Fluids, Electrolytes, and Acid-Base
Chapter 17: Gastroenterology and Hepatology
Chapter 18: General Surgery
Chapter 19: Genetics
Chapter 20: Growth and Nutrition
Chapter 21: Gynecology
Chapter 22: Hematology
Chapter 23: Immunoprophylaxis
Chapter 24: Infectious Diseases
Chapter 25: Metabolic Disease
Chapter 26: Neonatology
Chapter 27: Nephrology
Chapter 28: Neurology and Neurosurgery
Chapter 29: Oncology
Chapter 30: Ophthalmology
Chapter 31: Orthopedics
Chapter 32: Otolaryngology
Chapter 33: Plastic Surgery
Chapter 34: Respirology
Chapter 35: Rheumatology
Chapter 36: Transplantation
Chapter 37: Urology
Section III: Laboratory Reference Values
Section IV: Pediatric Drug Dosing Guidelines
|trim||187 x 111 (4 3/8 x 7 3/8)|