Jubb, Kennedy & Palmer's Pathology of Domestic Animals: Volume 1 , 6th Edition
- Thoroughly revised text, including new or evolving pathogens and new diagnostic techniques.
- Over 400 new illustrations.
- Maintains the currency of the text, assists the reader in putting new conditions into perspective.
- Updating of the Bibliography on each subject gives readers new entry points into the rapidly expanding literature on each subject.
- Illustrations of new conditions or agents.
- Reader-friendliness improved through highlighting of text, bullet-point lists, italics, diagnostic hints.
With an emphasis on the disease conditions of dogs, cats, horses, swine, cattle and small ruminants, Jubb, Kennedy, and Palmer's Pathology of Domestic Animals, 6th Edition continues its long tradition of being the most comprehensive reference book on common domestic mammal pathology. Using a body systems approach, veterinary pathology experts provide overviews of general system characteristics, reactions to insult, and disease conditions that are broken down by type of infectious or toxic insult affecting the anatomical subdivisions of each body system. The sixth edition now boasts a new full-color design, including more than 2,000 high-resolution images of normal and abnormal organs, tissues, and cells. Updated content also includes evolved coverage of disease agents such as the Schmallenberg virus, porcine epidemic diarrhea virus, and the porcine deltacoronavirus; plus new information on molecular-based testing, including polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and in-situ hybridization, keep you abreast of the latest diagnostic capabilities.
- Updated content includes new and evolving pathogens and diagnostic techniques.
- Updated bibliographies give readers new entry points into the rapidly expanding literature on each subject.
|Author Informaiton||By Grant Maxie, DVM, PhD, DipACVP, Manager Director, Animal Health Laboratory, Laboratory Services Division, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada|
|New to this Edition||
|Table of Content||VOLUME 1
1. Introduction to the diagnostic process
2. Bones and joints
3. Muscle and tendon
4. Nervous system
5. Special senses
6. Skin and appendages
|trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|