Wound Care Nursing, 3rd Edition
A must have for any nurse wanting to expand their knowledge in this area of wound care. Wound Care Nursing 3rd edition introduces a person-centred approach to wound care practice across the lifespan. The books is fully illustrated with colour photographs and illustrations throughout, and including extensive case studies to demonstrate the practical applications of the most recent research in this area.
- New content covering pressure ulcers, incontinence associated dermatitis, venous leg ulcers and palliative wound care.
- Uniquely it uses a lifespan perspective addressing the care of wounds in all patients from birth to old age.
- All chapters have been fully updated to reflect the current evidence base.
- Nursing theory is used throughout instead of a traditional medical approach, making the material more applicable to nursing practice.
- Links current nursing theory to practice using extensive case studies.
- High quality full colour photographs and illustrations throughout.
|Author Information||Edited by Sebastian Probst, DClinPrac, RN, Professor of Tissue Viability and Wound Care, School of Health Sciences, University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland, Geneva, Switzerland; Editor and Council Member for European Wound Management Association (EWNA)|
|Table of Content||
Section 1: Assessment and Planning
1. Assessing the normal and abnormal
2. Assessing and planning individualized care
Section 2: Intervention
3. Principles of wound interventions
4. Wound care in the baby and young child
5. Wound care in teenagers
6. Wound care in the young adult
7. Wound care in the middle-aged individual
8. Pressure Ulcers (PUs) and Incontinence- Associated Dermatitis (IAD) in older individuals
9. Wound care in elderly individuals with leg ulcerations
10. Cancer and Palliative Wound Care
11. Ways of evaluating care
Appendix 1: Glossary
Appendix 2: Useful websites
|trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|