Berry & Kohn's Operating Room Technique , 14th Edition
Easily learn how to apply basic surgical principles and techniques with Berry & Kohn's Operating Room Technique, 14th Edition. For over 50 years, this highly readable text has been trusted to clearly cover the "nuts and bolts" of surgical techniques in a step-by-step format. Expert authors Nancymarie Phillips and Anita Hornacky emphasize the importance of teamwork throughout, with practical strategies and examples of how cooperation among perioperative caregivers contributes to positive patient care outcomes. With a strong focus on the physiologic, psychologic, and spiritual considerations of perioperative patients, this extensively updated new edition gives you the knowledge you need to plan and implement comprehensive, individualized care.
- Detailed information on the fundamentals of perioperative nursing and surgical technology roles enhance students' understanding of basic surgical principles and techniques.
- Emphasis on teamwork among perioperative caregivers encourages cooperation in attaining positive patient care outcomes.
- In-depth discussions of patients with special needs related to age or health status help students learn how to develop a plan of care tailored to the unique care needs of all patients.
- Focus on the physiologic, psychologic and spiritual considerations of patients gives students the knowledge they need to plan and implement comprehensive, individualized care.
- Vivid high-quality illustrations reflect the latest in perioperative procedures and provide key safety information.
- Coverage of both inpatient and ambulatory procedures highlights key considerations for each settings as well as for individual surgical procedures.
- Chapter outlines with page numbers, chapter objectives, and key terms and definitions help students quickly find important information and focus study time.
- Enhanced TEACH manual and extensive Evolve resources maximize classroom learning.
- Step-by-step coverage of the foundations of surgical techniques enables students to effectively apply basic principles to practice.
- Updated tables and boxes call attention to the most important concepts from the text.
- References highlight the evidence-based practice approach used throughout the text.
|作者資訊||By Nancymarie Phillips, RN, PhD, RNFA, CNOR, Director of Perioperative Education, Lakeland Community College, Kirtland, OH and Anita Hornacky, BS, RN, CST, CNOR, Surgical Pharmacology Instructor, Lakeland Community College, Kirtland, Ohio|
|Table of Content||
Section 1: Fundamentals of Theory and Practice
Section 2: The Perioperative Patient Care Team
Section 3: The Patient as a Unique Individual
Section 4: The Perioperative Environment
Section 5: Surgical Asepsis and Sterile Technique
Section 6: Surgical Instrumentation and Equipment
Section 7: Preoperative Patient Care
Section 8: Pharmacology and Anesthesia
Section 9: Intraoperative Patient Care
Section 10: Surgical Site Management
Section 11: Perianesthesia and Postprocedural Patient Care
Section 12: Surgical Specialties
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|