Business and Professional Skills for Massage Therapists
Develop the business skills necessary to succeed in massage therapy with help from respected massage educator and business owner, Sandy Fritz! With a user-friendly approach and comprehensive support tools, this authoritative guide delivers a working knowledge of essential concepts for employees or owners of a massage therapy practice and helps you prepare for the professional challenges that await you in the real world.
- Renowned massage educator and business owner Sandy Fritz presents a practical, proven business philosophy for success in massage therapy practice.
- Focus on need-to-know business skills for complete success as an employee or the owner of a massage therapy practice.
- A companion CD with practice management software provides hands-on experience creating client records, setting appointments, entering documentation, and more.
- Self-Reflection boxes put concepts into a realistic context through Sandy Fritz's personal experiences in massage practice.
- Learning Activity boxes reinforce your understanding and challenge you to apply what you've learned in an engaging workbook format.
- Good Stuff from the Government boxes alert you to helpful government resources and help you ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- Mentor boxes provide real-world insight and advice from experts in massage and business management for successful practice.
- More than 200 realistic photos and illustrations clarify concepts and familiarize you with typical practice settings and essential forms, records, office equipment, and supplies.
- Evolve Resources link you to templates for building resumes, letters, advertisements, forms for documentation, and client histories, plus small business resources, annotated web links, a glossary of key terms from the text, and additional exercises and case studies.
|作者資訊||By Sandy Fritz, BS, MS, NCTMB, Director, Health Enrichment Center, School of Therapeutic Massage, Lapeer, Michigan, USA Director|
|Table of Content||
1. The Business of Massage Therapy
2. Being a Professional
3. Focus on the Client
4. Legal and Ethical Issues in the Massage Professional Practice
5. Technology in the Massage Practice
6. Massage Business Office Design
8. Storage of Business Records
9. Written Communications
10. Telecommunications for the Massage Business
11. Appointment Management Systems
12. Marketing the Massage Therapy Business
13. Inventory Systems and Supply Ordering
14. Insurance Reimbursement for Massage Therapy Services
15. Accounting Concepts
16. Managing Money
17. Maintaining a Safe Work Environment
18. Planning and Managing Your Career Path
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|