Cohen's Pathways of the Pulp Expert Consult , 11th Edition
Find the latest evidence-based research and clinical treatments! Cohen's Pathways of the Pulp, 11th Edition covers the science, theory, and practice of endondontics with chapters written by internationally renowned experts. Full-color illustrations and detailed radiographs guide you through each step of endodontic care - from diagnosis and treatment planning to proven techniques for managing pulpal and periapical diseases. New to the print edition are seven new chapters, and the eBook version adds three more. As an Expert Consult title, Cohen's Pathways of the Pulp lets you search the entire contents of the book on your desktop or mobile device, and includes videos, case studies, and more. Edited by noted specialists Kenneth Hargreaves and Louis Berman, this book is the definitive resource in endodontics!
- A diverse and respected group of contributors includes experts such as Louis Berman, Gerald Glickman, Richard Walton, Gary Hartwell, and many more.
- Preparation for Treatment chapter examines the issues that must be addressed before nonsurgical root canal treatment can begin, including proper infection control and occupational safety procedures for the entire health care team and treatment environment, appropriate communication with the patient (including case presentation and informed consent), premedication, effective administration of local anesthesia, a quality radiographic or digital-image survey, and thorough isolation of the treatment site.
- Cleaning and Shaping of the Root Canal System chapter includes a new section on preventing/treating sodium hypochlorite accidents, and also addresses the framework of root canal treatment, the technical and clinical issues surrounding cleaning and shaping, and canal preparation and cleaning techniques.
- Records and Legal Responsibilities chapter includes legal forms and descriptions of legal processes, guidelines for record keeping, and information on HIPAA doctor-patient rights and responsibilities, so you can avoid potential legal issues, operate your practice more smoothly and professionally, and know your options in all situations.
- The Role of Endodontics After Dental Traumatic Injuries chapter focuses on the role of the dentino-pulpal complex in the pathogenesis of disease subsequent to dentinal trauma and how treatment of this complex can contribute to favorable healing.
- Periradicular Surgery chapter covers this predictable, cost-effective alternative to extraction and tooth replacement with a new section on three-dimensional cone beam volumetric tomography and also covers topics including indications for periradicular surgery, the biological principles of wound healing, soft and hard tissue healing, systemic medications and the effect they have on wound healing, pre-operative evaluation, patient preparation, anesthesia, surgical access, periradicular curettage and biopsy, localized hemostasis, management of the root endguided tissue regeneration and endodontic surgery, intentional replantation, postoperative care, management of surgical complications, and more.
- Pediatric Endodontics chapter provides a review of current therapies for the prevention and treatment of pulpal disease in primary and young permanent teeth.
- Effects of Age and Systemic Health on Endodontics chapter discusses special considerations and procedures for older patients, including how medical and dental histories can impact treatment, diagnosis and treatment of the older patient, and endodontic surgery.
- Digital Technology in Endodontic Practice chapter discusses integrating technology into the office, including the use of electronic records, with a new section on radiation addressing the NCRP recommendations, quality assurance, and patient education, and a section on Cone Beam CT examining CBCT advantages such as lower cost, less radiation, and greater accuracy, along with the newly introduced hybrid units like the Kodak 9000 3D extraoral imaging system.
|作者資訊||By Kenneth M. Hargreaves, DDS, PhD, FICD, FACD, Professor and Chair Department of Endodontics Professor Departments of Pharmacology, Physiology (Graduate School) and Surgery (Medical School) President's Council Endowed Chair in Research University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio San Antonio, TX Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics and Louis H. Berman, DDS, FACD , Clinical Associate Professor Department of Endodontics School of Dentistry University of Maryland Baltimore, MD Faculty, Albert Einstein Medical Center Philadelphia, PA Private Practice, Annapolis Endodontics Annapolis, MD Diplomate, American Board of Endodontics|
|Table of Content||Intro: A View to the Future
2. Radiographic Interpretation NEW!
3. Case Assessment and Treatment Planning
4. Pain Control NEW!
5. Tooth Morphology, Isolation, and Access Prep
6. Cleaning and Shaping of the Root Canal System
7. Obturation of the Root Canal System
8. Non-Surgical Re-Treatment
9. Periradicular Surgery
10. Regenerative Endodontics
11. Evaluation Outcomes NEW!
12. Structure and Functions of the Dental-Pulp Complex
13. Pulpal Reactions to Caries and Dental Procedures
14. Endodontic Microbiology and Treatment of Infections
15. Pathobiology of Apical Periodontitis
16. Root Resorption NEW!
17. Diagnosis of the Non-Odontogenic Toothache
18. Management of Endodontic Emergencies
19. Management of Iatrogenic Events NEW!
20. Dental Trauma
21. Cracks and Fractures
22. Restoration of the Endodontically Treated Tooth
23. Pediatric Endodontics
24. Endodontic and Periodontic Interrelationships
25. Effects of Age on Endodontics
26. Vital Pulp Therapy NEW!
27. Bleaching Procedures NEW!
28. Understanding and Managing the Anxious Patient (online)
29. Endodontic Records and Legal Responsibilities (online)
30. Endodontic Practice Management (online)
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|