Ensure you are thoroughly prepared to work in the rapidly evolving world of nursing. Written by expert authors Barbara Cherry and Susan Jacob Contemporary Nursing: Issues, Trends, & Management, 8th Edition provides an overview of both issues within nursing practice and topics facing today's nurse managers and leaders. The 20th anniversary edition of this comprehensive guide emphasizes the importance of working in an interdisciplinary environment and takes you through the evolution of nursing, safe and effective decision-making, the nursing role, collaboration and communication, leadership, and job opportunities. New to this edition is coverage of health issues affecting the LGBTQ community, hospice care, how to respond to active shooter events, and a number of other timely issues affecting healthcare and nursing practice today.
- UPDATED Content on incivility, bullying and workplace violence, provides a short scenario about issues you might face in practice.
- Key terms, learning outcomes, chapter overviews, and chapter summaries help you focus your learning experience.
- Unit on Leadership and Management in Nursing includes content to prepare nurses to effectively function in the management roles expected of the professional nurse.
- Unit on Career Management provides strategies on how to make the transition from student to practitioner and tips on how to pass the NCLEX-RN Examination.
- Case studies help you apply theory to clinical practice.
- Vignettes at the beginning of each chapter personalize nursing history and practice and help you to understand your place in the profession. Questions to Consider While Reading This Chapter follow the vignettes and prepare the reader for the topic to be discussed.
- Humorous cartoons open each chapter to illustrate the chapter themes.
- Full-color design enhances the narrative with a clear, visually appealing explanation of concepts.
|作者資訊||By Barbara Cherry, DNSc, MBA, RN, NEA-BC, Barbara Cherry, DNSc, MBA, RN, NEA-BC Department Chair for Leadership Studies; Associate Professor, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, School of Nursing; Lubbock, Texas and Susan R. Jacob, PhD, RN, Professor and Assistant Dean of Quality and Strategic Affairs, The University of Tennessee Health Science Center, College of Nursing|
|Pp Authortext||Cherry & Jacob|
|New to this Edition||
|Table of Content||
Unit 1: The Development of Nursing
1. The Evolution of Professional Nursing
Unit 2: Current Issues in Health Care
Unit 3: Leadership and Management in Nursing
Unit 4: Career Management
|Trim||235 x 191 (7 1/2 x 9 1/4)|