- An introductory chapter on the state of malocclusion and dentofacial deformity in society today paves the way for the basic concepts of orthodontics and dentition problems during different stages of development.
- Several chapters provide detailed information on diagnosis, treatment planning concepts and related problems or controversies.
- Covers related interdisciplinary treatment approaches, when appropriate, to elucidate the orthodontist's potential role in an overall team treatment environment.
|作者資訊||By William R. Proffit, DDS, PhD, Department of Orthodontics, School of Dentistry, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC; Henry W. Fields, Jr., DDS, MS, MSD, Professor, Orthodontics, Dean, College of Dentistry, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH and David M. Sarver, DMD, MS, Adjunct Professor, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC; Private Practice, Birmingham, AL|
"Contemporary Orthodontics, 5th edition, is a practical resource with a long tradition of excellence. This edition has been extensively revised to maintain the original goal of the book: to provide an up-to-date overview of orthodontics that is accessible to both undergraduate and postgraduate students and a valuable reference for practitioners...The key elements fundamental in acquiring contemporary orthodontic skills are summarised in a coherent fashion. This text deserves to become the vade mecum for the aspiring orthodontist or clinician."
|Table of Content||
SECTION I: THE ORTHODONTIC PROBLEM
1. Malocclusion and Dentofacial Deformity in Contemporary Society
SECTION II: THE DEVELOPMENT OF ORTHODONTIC PROBLEMS
2. Concepts of Growth and Development
3. Early Stages of Development
4. Later Stages of Development
5. The Etiology of Orthodontic Problems
SECTION III: DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT PLANNING
6. Orthodontic Diagnosis: The Problem-Oriented Approach
7. Orthodontic Treatment Planning: From Problem List to Specific Plan
SECTION IV: BIOMECHANICS, MECHANICS AND CONTEMPORARY ORTHODONTIC APPLIANCES
8. The Biologic Basis of Orthodontic Therapy
9. Mechanical Principles in Orthodontic Force Control
10. Contemporary Orthodontic Appliances
SECTION V: TREATMENT IN PREADOLESCENT CHILDREN: WHAT IS DIFFERENT?
11. Moderate Nonskeletal Problems in Preadolescent Children: Preventive and Interceptive Treatment in Family Practice
12. Complex Nonskeletal Problems in Preadolescent Children: Preventive and Interceptive Treatment
13. Treatment of Skeletal Problems in Children and Preadolescents
14. Comprehensive Orthodontic Treatment in the Early Permanent Dentition
15. The Second Stage of Comprehensive Treatment: Correction of Molar Relationship and Space Closure
16. The Third Stage of Comprehensive Treatment: Finishing
18. Treatment for Adults
19. Combined Surgical and Orthodontic Treatment
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|