Core Curriculum for Pain Management Nursing , 3rd Edition
Learn how to successfully work with patients in pain with The Core Curriculum for Pain Management Nursing, 3rd Edition. Written by the American Society for Pain Management Nursing (the primary nursing organization in pain management), this easy-to-read text covers the entire scope of pain management in a very user-friendly outline format. This new edition has been thoroughly updated to reflect the latest standards and scope of practice put forth by the ASPMN. Yet, it still retains its strong nursing focus as it explores the nurse's role as a patient advocate in pain management and how that role changes from a Registered Nurse to a Clinical Nurse Specialist to a Nurse Practitioner. Both pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic methods of pain management are discussed, as is a wide variety of patient subsets beyond the traditional pediatric, adult, and geriatric patient. If you're looking to pass the ASPMN credentialing exam and work successfully with all types of patients in pain, then this is the perfect text for you!
- Content written by the ASPMN (American Society for Pain Management Nursing), the primary nursing organization in pain management, ensures the material is authoritative and timely.
- UNIQUE! Expansive patient coverage addresses not only adults, pediatric and geriatric patients, but also key subsets of patients - such as those who have concomitant addiction, those who have cancer, those who are under sedation for a procedure, and more.
- Comprehensive coverage discusses important topics - such as the disparities in pain management, gender differences in pain and analgesia, the effect of depression on pain perception and management, the use of research, various theories of pain management, and more - to fully prepare you for your ASPMN credentialing exam and professional practice.
- UNIQUE! Strong nursing focus thoroughly explores the nurse's role as a patient advocate in pain management and how that role changes from a Registered Nurse to a Clinical Nurse Specialist to a Nurse Practitioner.
- Unique outline format makes the text an accessible and easy-to-read reference.
|作者資訊||By ASPMN, (American Society of Pain Management Nurses)|
|Table of Content||
Section 1: Foundation of Pain Management Nursing
Section 2: Clinical Practice of Pain Management Nursing
Section 3: Nursing Roles Involved in Pain Management
|Trim||276 x 216 (8 1/2 x 10 7/8)|